LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS!

Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS! - 10/09/02 05:18 AM

I am keeping my horses at a ranch below the Reagan Presidential Library. A brief run out to give medication turned into a daylong affair. I observed a flashing light just below the ridgeline. I was soon joined by a member of the Sherrif's mounted unit. We spent a frustrating 10 minutes on a cell phone trying to get the very security conscious library staff to respond. Finally We were told we could "ascend the summit" from the backside. Security would not walk a 100 yards to look down frown After a envigorating climb we found our victim. Mickey Mouse had apparently floated from Anahiem until becoming lodged in a bush, flapping in a perfect 3 beat sequence. My dislike for these balloons has only increased and I still think Randolph Scott made better westerns ;O)
Posted by: Trusbx

Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS! - 10/23/02 03:36 AM

so they do make good SAR signalling devices after all ! <br><br>Then again, the security staff are such LOSERS!<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS! - 10/25/02 03:13 PM

Just out of interest what medication did you want to give to your horses?<br>reinhardt

Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS! - 10/25/02 03:37 PM

Rienhardt, I have a 26 y/o Hackney pony who has Cushings. I have to give him permax every day. It is a rather ritualized affair. He acts like he is dieing for all the children with carrots. When I show up he high stepps off with all the skill that won him 5 state championships and a national reserve. I am not of "the Horse whisperer" school. He gets a high decible diatribe about his manners and finally walks up to me. LOL

Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS! - 10/25/02 03:48 PM

Chris,<br>what do mean by Cushings. I never heard of it. <br>So does he run away from you or towards you? <br><br>PS how many other of those four legged animals have you got?

Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS! - 10/26/02 02:05 AM

Rienhardt, Enjoy Portugal and be sure to ride a Lusitano. Cushings is a condition associated with ageing where the pituitary gland overproduces and causes problems. It is a well known condition in both humans and animals, easily controlled with medication. I own 2 cutting bred Quarterhorses, 2 Hackney driving ponies that are my mother's and a saddlebred I just rescued.

Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS! - 10/26/02 08:42 PM

Rienhardt, Sandman's spirit of '76 pretty much trots all over his relatively huge paddock when I enter. I get plenty of negative comments about my "ill trained pony"- until I put him in harness and terrorize huge 17 hand dressage horses LOL. Spirit and his pasturemate Scandal led rather intense show careers with little enough time to be horses . We were lucky to acquire the best after their retirement. I think letting them goof off a little is a small price for their friendship. Horses are a lot like our preparations discussed here. Everybody can critique and judge, share ideas and knowledge. In the end we are all responsible only to ourselves.

Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS! - 11/03/02 07:32 PM

Chris,<br>Its great riding here, I've ridden twice now and its amazing what I have seen. We go accross paths hardly any one uses. They are very steep and rocky but the horses seem not to have a problem with it. But the land scape really is astonishing, a beautiful river, no one in sight and always challenging on a horse.<br>I finally had a chance to check out my dad's western sadle in the "outdoor" enviroment and felt great, esspecially cantering. <br><br>Nice to hear about your horses to. I'll see what I can do about riding a Lusitano. At the moment I ride a Rebatejo, real soft character of a pony, we borrow them form a Dutch farm here. The lady being more than happy that we ride them because she is too busy. <br><br>reinhardt

Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS! - 11/06/02 02:47 PM

Chris,<br>forgot to say if you ever fancy going riding in Portugal you're welcome.