Remington 1187

Posted by: Leigh_Ratcliffe

Remington 1187 - 11/29/09 08:28 AM

Gentleman,
I have been posed a question with regards to a Remington 1187 in 12ga.

The question is: Is there a dealer in the U.S. who can supply spare parts to the UK? Payment Via Visa or Paypal. The part is a forend assembly for a remington 1187. It is part 44 on the Remington website scematic.

http://www.remington.com/support/parts/model_1100.asp

Remington's offical supplier is Edgar Brothers. Unfortunatly they are rather over priced.

Can anyone be of assistance?

Thank you.
Posted by: UpstateTom

Re: Remington 1187 - 11/29/09 09:55 AM

I would try "Gun Parts" in West Hurley, NY. Used to be known as Numrich Arms, I think. www.gunpartscorp.com

Good prices and the saying used to be if they don't have it, it doesn't exist. I have no affiliation with them, just have ordered from them in the past and been happy.

Posted by: Desperado

Re: Remington 1187 - 11/29/09 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Leigh_Ratcliffe
Gentleman,
I have been posed a question with regards to a Remington 1187 in 12ga.

The question is: Is there a dealer in the U.S. who can supply spare parts to the UK? Payment Via Visa or Paypal. The part is a forend assembly for a remington 1187. It is part 44 on the Remington website scematic.

http://www.remington.com/support/parts/model_1100.asp

Remington's offical supplier is Edgar Brothers. Unfortunatly they are rather over priced.

Can anyone be of assistance?

Thank you.

#44 appears to be the firing pin not the forend, or am I missing something?

If you are looking for the forend #47, it might be possible to use the forend from a Remington 1100 (predecessor to the 11-87). The preceding is a S.W.A.G. by comparing the drawings of an 11-87 and 1100 forend, not a true fit test.

Not to start a gun debate (PLEASE), but I thought semi-auto shotguns were at least considered unsporting in merry old England, if not actually a legal No-No…
Posted by: Russ

Re: Remington 1187 - 11/29/09 03:09 PM

Yep, go with Numrich/Gunparts -- Numrich 11-87 schematic.
Posted by: Leigh_Ratcliffe

Re: Remington 1187 - 11/29/09 03:25 PM

They are not illegal to licensed individuals (Gentleman concerned is) but they are restricted to two rounds capacity.

Pistols are illegal and rifles are bolt action only (Section 1 license holders).
Posted by: Desperado

Re: Remington 1187 - 11/29/09 03:36 PM

Now I see.

Was I correct about the forend/firing pin issue?

If a wooden forend is not required, there are many manufactures who produce high quality synthetic (but ugly, compared to wood) products. Said stocks and forends would probably stand up to the UK climate much better than wood also.