guaranteed for life.

Posted by: TheSock

guaranteed for life. - 11/03/09 12:34 PM

Dr Martens are now doing a range of mens and womens shoes and boots that they will replace or repair free for the life of the purchaser.
I know Tilly hats do the same. Does anyone else?
The Sock
Posted by: paramedicpete

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/03/09 01:28 PM

BassPro in the US has a wool blend sock (Red Head brand) that is guaranteed for life. At around $10, I think it is an excellent value. The socks are thick, provide plenty of cushioning and are well made. I did have one pair that developed a hole, took it back to BassPro and exchanged them for new pair, no hassle.

Pete
Posted by: JBMat

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/03/09 03:25 PM

I am sure that Buck does the same thing for their knives, as does Leatherman. Ask nice and it's amazing what companies will do.

JB

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/03/09 03:38 PM

While we are in a thrifty mood:
In the USA if you bought a mug at starbucks they'd fill it for free.
I've found in the UK they do the same; but it's not advertised. Buy the most expensive coffee it's practically giving you the cheapest beaker with it.
The Sock
Posted by: oldsoldier

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/03/09 04:07 PM

LL Bean does a lifetime warranty replacement too.
Posted by: thatguyjeff

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/03/09 04:44 PM

I'm pretty sure Craftsman (Sears brand) has a lifetime replacement gaurantee on all their hand (non-power) tools. Probably some limitations on the sharpness of saw blades etc... or maybe not. Dunno for sure.
Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/03/09 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: thatguyjeff
I'm pretty sure Craftsman (Sears brand) has a lifetime replacement gaurantee on all their hand (non-power) tools.

I thought it was a hundred-year guarantee; what do I know? I buy my tools at Auto Zone and NAPA.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: comms

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/03/09 09:05 PM

Zippo.
Posted by: Dan_McI

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/03/09 09:12 PM

I know some firearms manufacturers offer some lifetime guarantees. Smith & Wesson offers a lifetime service policy. Sig Suaer offers a lifetime warranty against defects. I don't know the limits of these, so I won't opine on what is and is not covered.
Posted by: T_Co

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/03/09 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: paramedicpete
BassPro in the US has a wool blend sock (Red Head brand) that is guaranteed for life. At around $10, I think it is an excellent value. The socks are thick, provide plenty of cushioning and are well made. I did have one pair that developed a hole, took it back to BassPro and exchanged them for new pair, no hassle.

Pete

That is great news! I got a pair in a trade while I was volunteering at a food bank. One of the best socks I have ever tried. Didn't know where to get more so I have worn them sparingly for fear of not finding replacements when they were done. Problem double solved, Bass Pro, and luckily one just got built about 10 miles from me a few years ago. Thanks!
Posted by: NobodySpecial

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/03/09 10:02 PM

Victorinox (swiss army knife) have replaced an old broken knife for me - no receipt, no arguments, they even paid postage twice when I put the wrong address on the return label.

Jansport replaced a daypack when the zip failed after 10 years of rough usage.

For knives and luggage I now only buy from people with a lifetime warranty it suggests they have a certain faith in their products.
Posted by: leemann

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/03/09 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: thatguyjeff
I'm pretty sure Craftsman (Sears brand) has a lifetime replacement gaurantee on all their hand (non-power) tools. Probably some limitations on the sharpness of saw blades etc... or maybe not. Dunno for sure.

Yes Sears has this "lifetime warranty on all hand tools reassures you that no matter what your tools will show up for each and every project you begin."

Lee
Posted by: KenK

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/04/09 01:24 AM

Silva/Brunton has never refused my requests for compass repairs/replacements at no charge ... even with fairly old ones.

Most GOOD knife manufacturers have lifetime guarantees.

I'm a suspender wearer. Holdup Suspenders - they make the best suspenders in the WORLD and provide jobs in suburban Detroit area - have a lifetime guarantee.

I think my H&M match cases have a lifetime guarantee.

Snow & Nealley axes/mauls have lifetime replacement guarantee.

MSR Stoves are warrantied for life --- except regular wear. Not sure if that counts.

Tru-nord compasses are guaranteed for life.
Posted by: Susan

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/04/09 02:13 AM

Craftsman does not use the word 'new' in their tool warranty. Some of the pieces they use to replace defective/broken ones have things like "Stolen from Frank Smith" scratched or engraved into them.

They will replace it, and it will be usable.

Sue
Posted by: 2005RedTJ

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/04/09 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Dan_McI
I know some firearms manufacturers offer some lifetime guarantees. Smith & Wesson offers a lifetime service policy. Sig Suaer offers a lifetime warranty against defects. I don't know the limits of these, so I won't opine on what is and is not covered.

My Taurus Millenium Pro is the same way, it is guaranteed for the life of the firearm (not just the owner).

http://www.taurususa.com/repair-policy.cfm
Posted by: eric_2003

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/04/09 04:29 AM

I had a North Face climbers jacket bought on sale about 15 years ago. It was very well used with mostly skiing, and it was an older 3 ply style goretex. Areas of delamination showed different colors but still perfectly waterproof.

Sent it in, they called me and gave me the choice of their top of the line new jacket in Gore tex or their own Hyvent. No charge.

Eric
Posted by: ajax

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/04/09 04:59 AM

SOG also has a lifetime warranty.
Posted by: Todd W

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/04/09 06:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Susan
Craftsman does not use the word 'new' in their tool warranty. Some of the pieces they use to replace defective/broken ones have things like "Stolen from Frank Smith" scratched or engraved into them.

They will replace it, and it will be usable.

Sue

Until it busts again.

Their stuff has gone DOWN HILL.

And not living 5 minutes from Sears now I'm fading their stuff away... I've actually had better luck with HF sockets than Sears... probably made in the same China factory!!!
Posted by: Todd W

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/04/09 06:13 AM

Originally Posted By: ajax
SOG also has a lifetime warranty.

really?!

I`m gonna have to test this smile

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/04/09 08:31 AM

Come to think of it halfords own brand tools in the UK had this warranty.
And we are all forgetting the most obvious example. Dougs pocket survival kit offers free replacement for any parts used in an actual survival situation.
Think i started a dangerous thread. how do we justify buying more gear all the time? :-)
log off NOW if your spouse is reading this!! :-)
The Sock
Posted by: JBMat

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/04/09 11:20 AM

Rigid has a policy on its' power tools - as long as you own it it's guaranteed for life, to include batteries. I used to work at HD so I got a drill on sale. If the batteries go kaput, all I need to do is walk in, hand them the old battery and they give me a new one, no questions asked. Not sure what the deal will be if the drill itself goes south, either the same or a comparable model I expect.

Husky also guarantees for life their hand and air tools.

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/04/09 02:56 PM

some of the karrimore rucsacks are guaranteed for life. their products are excellent in my experience.
The Sock
Posted by: DesertFox

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/04/09 03:14 PM

Surefire flashlights has a lifetime guarantee. Only had to use it once with a faulty switch. They sent me a new one no questions asked.
Posted by: T_Co

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/05/09 03:29 AM

K&M Match Cases
Cabelas brand Clothing and Footwear
Posted by: SwampDonkey

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/09/09 12:15 AM

Silva denied my repair request of 3 Ranger Compasses about 4 months ago, they said they were too old to fix (about 25 - 30 years). I think I will send Brunton an e-mail and see what they say?

Leupold Gold Ring Riflescopes are guaranteed for life, I sent them a bent Vari-X III model with a letter that told them how I bent it, 10 days later a new, better version arrived at my door, no charge/postage paid.

Mike
Posted by: hikermor

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/09/09 02:46 AM

Patagonia replaced a zipper on a fifteen year old fleece jacket - no questions, no charge, stating it was their policy to provide unconditional satisfaction. Their stuff is expensive to buy, cheap to use.
Posted by: acropolis5

Re: guaranteed for life. - 11/09/09 07:53 PM

I've had the same, pleasant, experience with North Face. They replaced the zipper on my ~10 year old Gore-Tex parka and refitted a zipper to my wife's parka to fit their new style fleece liner, all for free.