Don't drool

Posted by: Dan_McI

Don't drool - 07/15/09 01:05 AM

Interesting, but seems like an expensive toy and a good way to invite scrutiny from law enforcement.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...&hasJS=true

If my link doesn't work, Cabela's has what it calls a "Gatling Gun Kit." It's two Ruger 10/22 rifles mated together.
Posted by: Blast

Re: Don't drool - 07/15/09 01:22 AM

Blast looks at screen, looks in wallet, looks over at wife, does a quick calculation, closes wallet, closes link. cry

-Blast
Posted by: Desperado

Re: Don't drool - 07/15/09 01:25 AM

You need to run up to Madisonville. I don't remember names, but there is a gunsmith/store that has all the fun FFL licenses.

It's on the town square.
Posted by: kd7fqd

Re: Don't drool - 07/15/09 02:00 AM

Blast
Same thing here

Mike cry
Posted by: yelp

Re: Don't drool - 07/15/09 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Blast
Blast looks at screen, looks in wallet, looks over at wife, does a quick calculation, closes wallet, closes link. cry

Originally Posted By: kd7fqd
Blast
Same thing here

Mike cry

Cabela's also has the BMF Activator...not the same functionality or aesthetic, but I had one on a tripod-mounted 10/22 for awhile and it provided a certain degree of enjoyment. Enough to bring the rangers in to check me out.

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0005765223017a.shtml
Posted by: comms

Re: Don't drool - 07/15/09 03:39 PM

I have used the BMF, wasn't impressed. It does fire about 4 rounds per rotation. You still have to crank fairly slow and there is almost zero target ability.

Re: Don't drool - 07/15/09 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: comms
You still have to crank fairly slow and there is almost zero target ability.

Thus the tripod. Any way you look at it however, it isn't a very practical device.
Posted by: Todd W

Re: Don't drool - 07/15/09 08:16 PM

Both are interesting! I don't believe I've seen the second one in years.
Posted by: comms

Re: Don't drool - 07/16/09 01:33 AM

Yelp I was talking about the second link, the trigger crank, not the Gatling gun version with two barrels.

I haven't fired the 2x barrel version though I don't think any ranges here would have a problem with it. They allow full auto on ranges here in AZ.

Re: Don't drool - 07/16/09 04:07 AM

Originally Posted By: comms
Yelp I was talking about the second link, the trigger crank, not the Gatling gun version with two barrels.

I haven't fired the 2x barrel version though I don't think any ranges here would have a problem with it. They allow full auto on ranges here in AZ.

I hear you - my only experience has been with the BMF (the hand crank, but you know what I'm talking about) and I agree with your assessment of a lack of control; the fact that you have to hold a rifle one-handed and turn a crank with the other guaranteed that lead would go downrange and NOT hit the target. So I jury-rigged a tripod for the 10/22. It helped, but still no substitute for a well-aimed shot in any situation that demanded practicality.

The novelty of the crank soon passed and it was retired. Can't even remember the last time I used it.
Posted by: Tarzan

Re: Don't drool - 07/16/09 08:59 PM

If the crank or any of those gadgets worked decent, they wouldn't be legal...IMNSHO