Ebola virus has been found in herds of pigs.

Posted by: picard120

Ebola virus has been found in herds of pigs. - 07/10/09 03:03 AM

The Ebola virus has been found in herds of pigs in the Philipines according to latest investigation by scientists.

http://www.healthzone.ca/health/article/663400

I think mankind is going to have massive death soon.
Posted by: benjammin

Re: Ebola virus has been found in herds of pigs. - 07/10/09 12:32 PM

Yes, viruses are scary, and with constant mutation, it is like someone flipping a coin on us non-stop. In this case, as with so many countless others, we are our own worst enemy.

A major consequence of life is death. The theater is a great reminder that despite all our efforts to avoid it, we often stumble right into it unexpectedly.

Make the most of the time you have. You never know what waits for you around the next bend. Worrying about it won't change anything either, except to ruin the time you have now.

You know what's waiting for each of us sooner or later, so deal with what you have today, prepare as best you can for tomorrow, and maybe try and make things a little better for those who will remain when you are gone. That is about all you can do that's worth doing. The rest is pretty much just a waste of what little time you have here.

Oh yeah, and be thankful for what you've already been given. It was a gift meant to be shared, regardless what you believe or don't believe in. Remember that even people in Gulags and prisons, even slaves, the sick or infirmed are able to find something to be thankful for in their lives. We should complain and worry less and relish the moments of bliss and joy.
Posted by: Tom_L

Re: Ebola virus has been found in herds of pigs. - 07/10/09 01:38 PM

Hell yes. To cite a line from Fight Club, on a long enough timeline, everyone's life expectancy drops to zero. Which doesn't mean you still can't have some fun in the meantime, though.

You know Benjammin, that was a good post. I think I'm gonna buy you a beer if we meet one day. wink
Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: Ebola virus has been found in herds of pigs. - 07/10/09 05:18 PM

Oh great news, now there will be someone somewhere, by accident or design, trying to combine swine ebola with swine flu so that when you sneeze your brain falls out. frown

Posted by: LoneWolf

Re: Ebola virus has been found in herds of pigs. - 07/10/09 06:01 PM

Hi Benjammim.

I have been a long time lurker and a seldom poster in here. I would like to say that I have always enjoyed and learned something from your postings.

In this case, I have to just say ...... +1

'Nuff said.

Thanks,
LW

Posted by: benjammin

Re: Ebola virus has been found in herds of pigs. - 07/10/09 06:18 PM

My pleasure. Sometimes life is not about trying to preserve it as much as maybe trying to share it a little. It helps to keep a little perspective now and then.

Glad to be of help. Ebola is a scary thing to have to think about.
Posted by: samhain

Re: Ebola virus has been found in herds of pigs. - 07/10/09 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: picard120
The Ebola virus has been found in herds of pigs in the Philipines according to latest investigation by scientists.

http://www.healthzone.ca/health/article/663400

I think mankind is going to have massive death soon.

Benjamin hit the nail on the head (as usual).

Just relax Picard. The idiots running red lights in your neighborhood are infinitely more of a threat than Philippino pigs.

I've zipped enough folks into body bags to know when I've got it good (I'm upright and breathing and my loved ones are ok, so I've got it good).
Posted by: Desperado

Re: Ebola virus has been found in herds of pigs. - 07/11/09 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By: NightHiker
Hmmmm, maybe the price of bacon will plunge. . .

MMMmmmm, Baaaaconnnn....
Posted by: Desperado

Re: Ebola virus has been found in herds of pigs. - 07/11/09 12:22 AM

Okay, I have to agree with Ben, but....

My daughter has a friend who is currently visiting the PI (Her mom is from there.). Seems they are already concerned about being able to get home.

I guess the local government is kinda sitting on this one so they don't catch hell like Mexico did. I was just visiting with the young girls dad, and he was asking if it was big news here yet.

Looks like he found a ready made excuse to leave the in-laws early!
Posted by: Art_in_FL

Re: Ebola virus has been found in herds of pigs. - 07/11/09 09:47 PM

You might want to read another version of the report:
http://scienceblogs.com/notrocketscience...rmless_type.php