Got my new DR mini Mk 1 pocketnife!

Posted by: Jeff_M

Got my new DR mini Mk 1 pocketnife! - 06/08/09 11:01 PM

I lost (another) Benchmade folder, this one was the Sequel, as in to the 705, also lost, so I finally got a DR mini folder.

This one is bright yellow. It's slightly thicker than I'd like, and the chord is wider than I'm used to, but I really like the finish on the blade, much more than either the black coated or plain bright I've had before. I also appreciate the tether hole, which the Sequel lacked. I have always liked the axis lock, and needed the repositionable clip, since I'm a lefty. Overall, I'm extremely pleased.

I also got the DR PSK and the DR Photon in the package deal (a very good deal at $150). I didn't need another PSK, but I like to give them away. I can't get the strobe/signal functions of the Photon to work, but I'm sure that's just a wetware problem. It's now in the PSK, along with a tiny Gerber LST and a mini bic.
Posted by: KenK

Re: Got my new DR mini Mk 1 pocketnife! - 06/09/09 01:29 PM

Welcome to the Rittergrip family!

Did you take the Photon out of demo mode? Doug mentions how to do that here:

http://www.equipped.org/dr_photon.htm

(also describes how to put it back into demo mode, if you wish to)

One thing I learned a few weeks back while using my fixed Rittergrip ... if you sanitize the knife in a chlorine solution (as good Scouts do while cleaning up from dinner) make sure you rinse it off with clean fresh water afterward. Even the mild chlorine solution, if left to air dry, will stain the blade. Sigh.