TIMTAMS

Posted by: Erik_B

TIMTAMS - 05/11/09 12:37 AM

Posted by: ironraven

Re: TIMTAMS - 05/11/09 01:07 AM

Erik, where are you. Where did you get them?

Don't hold out on us man, where did you get the stuff? This is good stuff!
Posted by: Erik_B

Re: TIMTAMS - 05/11/09 01:31 AM

Target in AL. top shelf of the cookie isle. right where they belong. top-shelf pastries.
Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: TIMTAMS - 05/11/09 01:53 AM

TimTams certainly get a good review at

www.NiceCupOfTeaAndASitDown.com

holding its own against the Penguin. (review is in the biscuit archive at the bottom of the page)

Sounds like it could perhaps compare well even against something more substaintial such a Kit Kat Chunky or even a Tunnocks Caramel Wafer.

Posted by: ame

Re: TIMTAMS - 05/11/09 02:14 AM

Mmm. Tim Tams.

They're delicious!

It's very hard to describe the chocolately loveliness that is a Tim Tam, but for a dispassionate and factual account Wikipedia has a good entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timtam

Note the description of the "Tim Tam Slam", which I would thoroughly recommend you to try. I disagree with Wikipedia's assertion that a cold drink can be used (probably it can, but it shouldn't). I suggest a nice cup of tea, or coffee, but make sure it has cooled a little. After all, a jet of too hot coffee entering your mouth could be a bit of a shock, but (and here's a tip for new players) you have to follow up by quickly stuffing the entire biscuit into your gob, since it becomes a hot, gooey, chocolately mess which will rapidly fall apart [citation not needed].

Oh, and I assert that the double-coat version is the best, but others may disagree.

A