Camelbak bottle

Posted by: TeacherRO

Camelbak bottle - 04/21/09 03:37 PM

The new camelbak bottle with the sippy top - any opinions?

Posted by: Andy

Re: Camelbak bottle - 04/21/09 07:20 PM

I've got a couple, been using them for a year and they have stood up well to all abuse. Hang them off my travel bag and nothing has broken on them. Put them in the dishwasher every once in a while to thoroughly clean them. Bite valve works well and haven't had any leaking. The only problem is sometimes I forget to screw the cap back on after filling it and then grab the bottle by cap spilling most of the water. I have the .5L and .75L. Not insulated so water reaches ambient temp pretty quickly.
Posted by: Desperado

Re: Camelbak bottle - 04/22/09 10:34 AM

My family and I love them. We have had 8 since they first came out non-"bad plastic". Have yet to have to replace any parts. My only gripe is the bite valve and tube are difficult to rinse soap out of on occasion. I do not like a dish soap chaser with my water.

Added benefit, the fit in the water bottle holders that are attached to my saddle bag guards on my HD Heritage Softtail Classic. Very nice for quick drinks at redlights and even going down the road.
Posted by: UncleGoo

Re: Camelbak bottle - 04/22/09 04:57 PM

I might have a different model of Camelbak, but my bite valves, and the straws inside, pull off the top for cleaning. Once I figured that out, I felt much better (OCD).
Posted by: Taurus

Re: Camelbak bottle - 04/24/09 05:53 PM

I didn't think I would like them at first but after trying one out I love it. It so much handier than having to twist the cap off every time you need a quick sip of water.

Just an opinion but I think they are well worth the money.
Posted by: Mike_H

Re: Camelbak bottle - 04/27/09 03:07 PM

Just bought 2. One for myself and one for DW.

So far, I like them. No leaking issues. Easy to clean (I have a cleaning kit for my camelback backpack).

I even picked up an adapter to use the bottle just like the backpack.

Re: Camelbak bottle - 04/28/09 02:53 PM

Adapter? Time to shop....

Re: Camelbak bottle - 04/28/09 03:01 PM

Think hose going onto the stem the bite valve is on with its own bite valve. Bottle can then go into a pack and you can drink from it.

Re: Camelbak bottle - 04/30/09 08:43 PM

I bought one and love it. Recommended.

Re: Camelbak bottle - 05/01/09 03:24 PM

The bottle or the adapter hose?

I'm taking both on an outdoor scout weekend tomorrow.
Posted by: fooman

Re: Camelbak bottle - 05/01/09 04:00 PM

I've had one for the past year and I love it. Works well, not too difficult to hand wash. My friends are amused by my baby bottle for grown ups. hahaha.

Re: Camelbak bottle - 05/05/09 05:43 PM

Used mine this past weekend. Love it... Works very well.

Re: Camelbak bottle - 06/25/09 04:16 PM

Been using the camekbak bottle for a few months now - its excellent and well worth the 12$
Posted by: Eugene

Re: Camelbak bottle - 06/26/09 12:06 AM

We just bought a pair of their new stainless insulated ones. I have to have my water cold so I can put some ice in it have it stay cold for hours to days.
Posted by: cedfire

Re: Camelbak bottle - 07/10/09 04:13 PM

Two of them here, the 0.75L plastic versions. There is a small round relief valve on the top which somehow fell out of one of our bottles. Camelbak warranty service quickly mailed out a replacement lid no questions asked. Great customer service!

After using them extensively for the last year I am still more comfortable with a 1L Nalgene with a splash guard installed. Easier to clean and less parts to break. I swear the Camelbak has leaked at times -- I've never had a Nalgene leak. So the Camelbaks have been relegated to around the house or town use, and the Nalgenes kept for the trail.