koyaanisquatsi

Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

koyaanisquatsi - 09/03/02 11:35 PM

I've been home 48 hours. I observed a brushfire from my returning flight. A critical, but simple electronic switch for my Volvo was sitting on the back seat-uninstalled. I installed it at the airport with my new leatherman wave presented by Doug. My 4 month old Tomcat was so happy to see me it took 4 stitches to repair my hand ( he's getting fixed tommorow!) I found the new round Altoids tin and waited for my family shopping at Trader Joe's market. The unpolished lid managed to blind a Ventura County police cruiser's occupant as I made what looked like a Vulcan gangmember's hand sign directing the light at a pretty girl. Driving home I thought my Volvo's suspension was supplicating for more ductape. We are having a series of earthquakes. I'm standing with a neighbor trying to explain why liferafts are tested in Arizona and not the local beach. The huge oaktree suddenly snapped; missing us by a few feet.
Posted by: bones

Re: koyaanisquatsi - 09/03/02 11:50 PM

So just another day at the office huh?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: koyaanisquatsi - 09/04/02 02:52 AM

cool

Re: koyaanisquatsi - 09/04/02 03:06 AM

Back to normal life again, huh Chris.

Re: koyaanisquatsi - 09/04/02 03:20 AM

( background music of "I LOVE L.A." ) I bought a copy of ARIZONA HIGHWAYS while checking on my retirement portfolio ( Lottery) at the magazine rack today. The coyotes are challenging an evening raga by Ravi Shankar played by my nieghbors. I do look forward to a return trip to test anything not yellow,orange or round LOL

Re: koyaanisquatsi - 09/05/02 04:06 AM

It's just another day.....<br>For you and me......<br>In Paradise.......<br><br>(Thanx Phil Collins)

Re: koyaanisquatsi - 09/05/02 04:33 AM

The fun continues. today I slammed my brakes halfway through an intersection as a mustang was sideswiped by a buick entering the street from a performance shop. He knocked the mustang over 3 lanes and over a curb. She missed me and another car by inches in a full spin. He proceeded to make a left turn and t boned a bakery delivery truck across that street. I stopped, jumped out and killed the small fuel fire with my extinguisher. He had a sucking chest wound. My small square of PSK aluminum foil went over that. Within minutes emergency personel ( fire, sherriff, CHP, ambulance, towtrucks were onscene) My local CHIP took one look and shook his head, said "nice cap" ( equipped logo from Doug) and looked sadly at my ancient Volvo. "your still driving THAT?"