Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary!

Posted by: aloha

Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 06:36 AM

I feel blessed and wealthy beyond measure to have a great wife and wonderful (even when they are naughty) children!
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 08:14 AM

Congratulations and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Kris

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 11:22 AM

Congrats!
Posted by: scafool

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 11:32 AM

All of the best to you all.
Posted by: Bill_G

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 11:58 AM

Happy anniversary! And congratulations!
Posted by: Andy

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 12:20 PM

Congratulations! May the next 10 (and beyond) be just as wonderful.

After a couple we've known for many years reached their 25th anniversary the husband told his wife that their first contract was over and from then on it was on a year by year basis. He always renewed that contract.

The first 20 or 30 years are the easiest...
Posted by: benjammin

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 01:49 PM

About to make my own announcement next week. Stay tuned.
Posted by: CAP613

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 02:18 PM

Congradulations... This week will be 15 for my smarter half and I.
I do not know of someone was trying to give us a message or not ,but the day after we got married was the big earthquake in L.A. and three days after was the lowest ever recoarded tempture in Pittsburgh. I got and instant family (4 Daughters) out of it, and am still trying to figure out what she got out of it.

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 02:25 PM

Four daughters, how about someone to help pay the bills, and someone to help keep the boys in check.

Girls are expensive. Much more expensive than boys. Plus they learn how to pick our pockets at a very young age.
Posted by: Stu

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 02:31 PM

May you share many more together. smile
Posted by: JCWohlschlag

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 03:48 PM

Congratulations! Take a trip to Hawaii to celebrate… oh, wait… laugh
Posted by: Blast

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 04:05 PM

Well done!

-Blast
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 04:51 PM

Congratulations! We hit ten ourself this year (been together a year longer, and best of friends for ten more).

Gonna go on an anniversary camping trip???
Posted by: GarlyDog

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 05:07 PM

Love is the greatest refreshment in life. ~ Picasso

Happy Anniversary!

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 06:00 PM

Thanks everyone!

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: benjammin
About to make my own announcement next week. Stay tuned.

Congratulations in advance Benjamin!

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: CAP613
Congradulations... This week will be 15 for my smarter half and I.
I do not know of someone was trying to give us a message or not ,but the day after we got married was the big earthquake in L.A. and three days after was the lowest ever recoarded tempture in Pittsburgh. I got and instant family (4 Daughters) out of it, and am still trying to figure out what she got out of it.

Congratulations Ward. She got hers too. Don't worry. Relationships have to be win-win to work for long.

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
Congratulations! We hit ten ourself this year (been together a year longer, and best of friends for ten more).

Gonna go on an anniversary camping trip???

Congratulation OBG! You wanna come to Hawaii for an anniversary camping trip? We are trying to figure out when to go next. It'll likely be either end of January or some time in February.

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 06:08 PM

"...You wanna come to Hawaii for an anniversary camping trip?..."

Boy would I love to! Unfortunately, we are still recovering, financially, from the cruise we took, and have to be at our next "job" when april fools day arrives (what better day for a couple of old fools to get married)...
Posted by: el_diabl0

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 06:34 PM

I forget what comedian I heard say "I've been married for 10 years, but it only feels like 15 minutes...underwater!"

Congrats!
Posted by: Andy

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: el_diabl0
I forget what comedian I heard say "I've been married for 10 years, but it only feels like 15 minutes...underwater!"

Congrats!

The line I use is one that gets me poked in the ribs by DW everytime "We've been happily married for 25 years! And the other 12 haven't been too bad..."

Talk about omens, Hurricane Agnes followed us up thru New England on our honeymoon.

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/12/09 07:43 PM

That was my first marriage...

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/13/09 03:19 AM

Y'know Izzy, it's statements like that which will get you ended up hitched before you know what happened. I went to the desert to give up on women and build my fortress of solitude. Next thing I knew, I was packing up my gear, quitting my job, and heading for the GF's digs a week before the wedding, our wedding...

Karma will git you if you ain't careful bro. I would advise against issuing too many of them there absolutes in life, they have a way of comin' round on ya. LOL
Posted by: yelp

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th annivers - 01/13/09 06:34 AM

Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Ironically enough I date a lot. They always end up telling me "We should see other people..." cause I don't want to spend every darn hour of the day with them.

Something like that...I generally have a girlfriend who thinks my job is very cool and extremely romantic...until I drop off the face of the Earth for a few (or more) months. I usually come back to find myself single...which says more about the girls I choose to spend my time with, but still...

Doesn't keep me from taking jobs, though. Guess I'm doing what's important to me.

Oh, and if you need an alibi, I gotcher back.

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th annivers - 01/13/09 04:06 PM

Yep, well, all I can say is, just like there's a bullet out there with your name on it, there's a woman out there that will put up with your current limitations enough that you'll discover that, just like feeding a stray, you just can't seem to shake them off. Once they've made up their mind that you're it, there's not much more you have to say about it. If you ever watch the show "Two and a half men", you'll understand what I've come to label the "Rose" effect.

In the world of matrimony, I've come to the conclusion that men have little say in the matter, from proposition to affirmation. Any man who thinks he does is living under a carefully crafted illusion perpetrated by his soon to be better half.

Any married men out there care to validate? Any married women out there brave enough to own up to it and let the cat out of the bag?

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th annivers - 01/13/09 04:27 PM

All I know is that I used to swear that if I could get out of my first marriage, I would never do it again. Look at me now, happily married for the second and last time...
Posted by: Nicodemus

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th annivers - 01/13/09 04:50 PM

Congratulations, Aloha and wife!
Posted by: paramedicpete

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/13/09 06:15 PM

Aloha – Congratulations

Warning, the following may be too sappy for some:

All I can say is my wife and I will hit 30 years this coming August. I love her as much, if not more than the day we married. We are in a rather unique position, in that we also work together in the same lab and have done so for over 30 years. So we are together almost 24/7. Although I direct her work, for obvious reason I do not rate her job performance. We try and leave work at work and home at home, doesn’t always work, but we try.

Our marriage is partnership, both of us have to give and take at times, we clearly do not see eye-to-eye on many things and argue/bicker enough, that if you did not know us, you might think we were mad at each other. Nothing could be further from the truth (although we usually have one drag-down-name calling fight per year, mostly to decompress) we are firmly committed to one another and God willing plan on growing old together. If our religious philosophy has any validity, we will have forged a union that will succeed this earthly realm. I view our relationship as two wings of the same bird, both must be strong, united and although our roles may be slightly different, both are required for the bird to fly.

Pete

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/13/09 06:27 PM

ParamedicPete: Don't tell me,,,,,,the 4th of August?????

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/13/09 06:31 PM

No, August 26th.

Pete

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/13/09 06:38 PM

I'm surprised,,,,you didn't get married on August 4th???

That's the USCG's birthday,,,,,being married then has gotten me out of 21 USCG BIRTHDAY PICNICs!!!
Posted by: Mike_H

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/13/09 06:48 PM

Congrats!!!

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/13/09 07:07 PM

I will have to remind my son-in-law to invite me to the party grin.

I am trying to get number 2 daughter interested in dating his buddy, so maybe someday I could get 2 invites wink.

Pete

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/13/09 07:22 PM

I'm not so anxious about having my daughters marry. The older one is 24 and working on her masters degree, and I would prefer she establish herself in a career path first and make some of that investment pay off. The younger one is only 19, and just learning to stretch her legs a bit, so she's got a long way to go before she thinks about any sort of serious relationship commitment. I was 26 before I got hitched, but I'd been on my own almost a decade by then and providing for myself, so I was ready. I don't understand why some cultures push children to get hitched up at such a young age. They give them no time to be their own person, and from what I've seen it is a recipe for disaster. What the heck is a quinceanera all about anyways, other than to let the world know that a 15 year old girl has come of age???

Excuse me, rant mode off. Congrats on making it together for a decade or more. I hope the next 10 are even better for ya. I know my second ten were.

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/13/09 07:48 PM

My oldest finished college and then got married 2 years ago when she was 25. I could not be prouder of my son-in-law or love him more if he were my very own son. I don’t always agree with his opinion, but I respect the commitment he has made in service for his country (just got his promotion to MKI) and the commitment to my daughter.

My number 2 is now 25 and would benefit having a partner-in-crime with which to share life’s challenges. She finished college, but is semi-lost in life.

Number 3, now 15 is whole different story. Surviving her growing up is going to be quite a challenge.

It is funny how different kids can be. The oldest and youngest are very self-assured, full of self-confidence; the middle one lacks any degree of self-confidence and is sort of wandering though life right now. Really good kid, never gave us any problems, but lacks any sense of direction.

Pete
Posted by: samhain

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/14/09 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: aloha
I feel blessed and wealthy beyond measure to have a great wife and wonderful (even when they are naughty) children!

Congrats aloha (and Mrs aloha)!!

Getting married and having a daughter were the best things I ever did....

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/14/09 01:39 PM

It is amazing, the first time I looked into the eyes of my newborn baby girl, how much my life changed in that one moment.

When I ask my girls today about finding a mate, they tell me they are holding out till they find someone that reminds them more of me. Best compliment I ever got.

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th annivers - 01/14/09 03:09 PM

Could be. Sometimes I wonder how I been so lucky not to be incarcerated or on a slab. Must be them angels taking the hit for me.

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th annivers - 01/15/09 08:52 AM

Thanks again everyone. Interesting reading about your experiences.

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/15/09 08:53 AM

Originally Posted By: paramedicpete
Aloha – Congratulations

Warning, the following may be too sappy for some:

All I can say is my wife and I will hit 30 years this coming August. I love her as much, if not more than the day we married. We are in a rather unique position, in that we also work together in the same lab and have done so for over 30 years. So we are together almost 24/7. Although I direct her work, for obvious reason I do not rate her job performance. We try and leave work at work and home at home, doesn’t always work, but we try.

Our marriage is partnership, both of us have to give and take at times, we clearly do not see eye-to-eye on many things and argue/bicker enough, that if you did not know us, you might think we were mad at each other. Nothing could be further from the truth (although we usually have one drag-down-name calling fight per year, mostly to decompress) we are firmly committed to one another and God willing plan on growing old together. If our religious philosophy has any validity, we will have forged a union that will succeed this earthly realm. I view our relationship as two wings of the same bird, both must be strong, united and although our roles may be slightly different, both are required for the bird to fly.

Pete

Congratulations Sappy, er, Paramedic Pete! 30 years is awesome!

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/15/09 08:54 AM

Congrats. Me...I'm never gettin' married. I like to spend my money on me and me alone. That and I have a reputation of being a reclusive mysterious man amongst the ladies of my humble town. I got an image to uphold!

What's this I hear...you have a BIG, um, reputation with the ladies. My hero!
Posted by: RayW

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/16/09 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: aloha
Congrats. Me...I'm never gettin' married. I like to spend my money on me and me alone. That and I have a reputation of being a reclusive mysterious man amongst the ladies of my humble town. I got an image to uphold!

What's this I hear...you have a BIG, um, reputation with the ladies. My hero!

Izzy's favorite line is "What do i need with a wife, my next door neighbor has one of those things."
Posted by: JeffD

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/16/09 12:17 AM

Congrats to all those that got married on my birthday!
Posted by: 91gdub

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/16/09 01:05 AM

Congrats to you and your wife.

My Darling Bride and I celebrated 25 years of marital bliss this past spring. smirk

The 1st ten years were the toughest, all uphill and a struggle every step along the way. After that it was all downhill. eek

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/16/09 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: 91gdub
Congrats to you and your wife.

My Darling Bride and I celebrated 25 years of marital bliss this past spring. smirk

The 1st ten years were the toughest, all uphill and a struggle every step along the way. After that it was all downhill. eek

Congratulations! i hope you mean "downhill" in a good way.

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/21/09 03:15 PM

So yesterday was our 20th anniversary. Went to a Nuggets game, but have plans for an extended weekend soon as things at work ease up around my birthday next month. Wife's birthday is tomorrow.

This is our first year together without either kid. Now we have twenty years to be a couple again, at least until the grandkids start coming. That's okay too.

Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! - 01/26/09 09:19 AM

Originally Posted By: benjammin
So yesterday was our 20th anniversary. Went to a Nuggets game, but have plans for an extended weekend soon as things at work ease up around my birthday next month. Wife's birthday is tomorrow.

This is our first year together without either kid. Now we have twenty years to be a couple again, at least until the grandkids start coming. That's okay too.

Benjammin,

Congratulations and happy birthday to both of you!