Member's profiles

Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Member's profiles - 08/13/02 01:58 AM

Would everyone kindly edit their user's profiles? Or, to be succinct, fill them in? It is tough to get a new question and know nothing about the poster. You do not have to reveal your email, # of pets or household income. We don't expect everybody to be a member of the explorer's club. It is hard to answer a question, ie "What is the best compass?" not knowing where you even are. Is it for a sailboat? Are you in the northern or southern hemisphere? Do you live in a nation where military type gear is frowned upon? Do you need roman, cyrillic or arabic marking?
Posted by: WOFT

Re: Member's profiles - 08/13/02 08:11 PM

Hi chris.<br><br>I heard their are more than 650 members of this forum, and i thaught, in addition to editing our profiles, a "nationality and location" pole might be setup. I recall a post inquiring about Canadians. This also might help members address any location-specific questions to members who are possibly more expirineced in that genre of survival (desert, jungle etc)<br><br>I am computer-illiterate :-), so i am merely suggesting an idea which i dont know if it can even be implemented. come on then, how about it???
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Member's profiles - 08/14/02 01:36 PM

Chris --<br><br> Might want to tell folks how to update the user profile. It isn't a clear path to get there, to my experience. Since this is a "how to" group -- how DO you update the profile?<br><br> Thanks -- Karl
Posted by: Tjin

Re: Member's profiles - 08/14/02 01:48 PM

just hit the control panel button on the top of the page, than click on "Personal information, email, password, etc. " on the bottom of that page ( maybe a little bit higher...")
Posted by: WOFT

Re: Member's profiles - 08/16/02 09:41 PM

What exactly do we fill in for "bio"?
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: Member's profiles - 08/16/02 10:07 PM

exaggerations, undeserved honors, blatent ommissions- the usual stuff found on job applications and seekers of public office campaign fliers. Whatever you feel describes you ;O)
Posted by: Craig

Re: Member's profiles - 08/26/02 07:27 PM

Mine's already filled in. I looked again because I forgot what I said!