Survive the Outbreak

Posted by: Nicodemus

Survive the Outbreak - 10/24/08 06:00 AM

There's really no good survival information in this piece of choose your own adventure fiction, and very little rhyme or reason to whether you live or die, but it's fun. And beyond all that, it's just in time for Halloween!

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that it has ZOMBIES! Yeaaaaah!

The Outbreak: What would you do?

It should be noted that the above is intended for mature audiences and contains harsh language, violence and so on.

This brings me to an actual question. Wouldn't it be fun to see a video like this where solid decision making aided the characters in a survival situation and advanced the story? I think it would be great.

Posted by: horizonseeker

Re: Survive the Outbreak - 10/24/08 04:12 PM

interesting, thanks for the link.
Posted by: benjammin

Re: Survive the Outbreak - 10/24/08 09:14 PM

Hmm, seems a little too pre-destined to me, but that is always how these sorts of things go. You should at least get a dice roll at each chapter. Without it, you are like a wayward puppet on a string.

Still, a good little storyboard.
Posted by: comms

Re: Survive the Outbreak - 10/25/08 04:08 AM

Chapters were a bit long but cool to work through. Thanks
Posted by: Rodion

Re: Survive the Outbreak - 10/25/08 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Nicodemus
This brings me to an actual question. Wouldn't it be fun to see a video like this where solid decision making aided the characters in a survival situation and advanced the story? I think it would be great.

Not if starting a fire burns down the forest, stopping to make shelter causes you to freeze to death and the only way to survive is to run around in circles screaming loudly.
Posted by: Nicodemus

Re: Survive the Outbreak - 10/25/08 04:07 PM

Maybe not, but it would be amusing if not very helpful. LOL
Posted by: AROTC

Re: Survive the Outbreak - 10/26/08 01:12 AM

I've always felt computer games are wildly under used for training. People like playing computer games and well designed ones can take a lot of skill and thought. It doesn't give you the real life hands on feel for things, but it can set you up with the knowledge which can then be polished in the field.
Posted by: Brangdon

Re: Survive the Outbreak - 10/26/08 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: BigDaddyTX
A few too many dead ends if you didn't pick right from the start, but fun none the less.
Every decision can kill you, including the first.

I thought it was a good project for film students, and I admired the way the clips got edited together into a smooth narrative. I don't think there was any way to make sensible decisions that would "win"; it was usually just luck.