Ideas for using $35 gift card?

Posted by: Henry_Porter

Ideas for using $35 gift card? - 10/04/08 07:07 PM

I want to use a $35 Best Buy gift card as part of my "get better equipped" plan. After looking at the store's website and before I go see what's in my nearby store, I wonder if you have ideas of something useful I might look for.

I was hoping to get a battery-operated and/or crank radio because my old Sangean 808 died.

Batteries (I mainly use AA-sized batteries) or a battery charger are also good possibilities.

Not sure what I was expecting to find at this kind of retailer, but I was hoping for a something useful that wasn't junk. I plan to save up some cash if need be if it means I can get something that's worthwhile, but my preference would be to come close to the gift card value.

Thanks for any ideas you have.
Posted by: BobS

Re: Ideas for using $35 gift card? - 10/04/08 10:31 PM

I would think the problem would be what not to spend it on, lots of stuff at almost every store (maybe not at a Victoria Secret store?) that can be used for preparedness.

Batteries, flashlights, radios…
Posted by: Blast

Re: Ideas for using $35 gift card? - 10/04/08 11:45 PM

Survivoirman DVDs

-Blast
Posted by: GoatRider

Re: Ideas for using $35 gift card? - 10/05/08 01:48 AM

Victoria's Secret is more about Survival of the species....
Posted by: Blast

Re: Ideas for using $35 gift card? - 10/05/08 02:08 AM

Quote:
Victoria's Secret is more about Survival of the species....

Unless your wife finds out. frown

-Blast

Re: Ideas for using $35 gift card? - 10/05/08 09:10 AM

"Survival of the species" -- you folks are too funny. Thanks for the ideas. I hadn't thought about a flashlight or DVD. Maybe a thumbdrive for important electronic info to keep in my BOB. First choice will be a little radio, I think.

Posted by: ironraven

Re: Ideas for using $35 gift card? - 10/05/08 09:37 PM

Get some lithium batteries. And a couple of fun CDs or a DVD.

You can do this stuff too much. To quote a friend of mine, "remember to have fun is a good thing". smile
Posted by: Todd W

Re: Ideas for using $35 gift card? - 10/06/08 04:02 AM

Get some of your FAVORITE movies you can watch over and over.... nothing kills time or provides a babysitter better than a video for the kids wink lol!!

All kidding aside, DVDs are good for entertainment and target practice.. lithium batteries are at Best Buy but not to cheap.

Thumb drive for back-up data would be good too.
Posted by: Onedzguy

Re: Ideas for using $35 gift card? - 10/06/08 09:23 AM

I was just at best buy and found this LED flashlight. Here is the LINK
Posted by: TeacherRO

Re: Ideas for using $35 gift card? - 10/06/08 03:50 PM

cell phone charger? ( crank or from batteries)

Re: Ideas for using $35 gift card? - 10/07/08 07:17 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I added a couple to my "to get" list. In the mean time, I decided to get a portable AM/FM radio that runs on AAs and comes with an AC cord. My old Sangean is long-dead, and I can use this now and during a power outage.