canada ?

Posted by: Anonymous

canada ? - 08/09/02 03:07 PM

are most people on this site candain or what?

Re: canada ? - 08/09/02 06:02 PM

this post might be better off in the campfire section. :)<br>

Re: canada ? - 08/09/02 09:03 PM

I resemble these remarks.

Re: canada ? - 08/09/02 09:14 PM

I'm not, but my husband is! Y'all won't hold it against me, will you? Something about those crazy Canucks, it just attracts me, ya know?<br><br>Barb G

Re: canada ? - 08/10/02 02:57 AM

Southeast US

Re: canada ? - 08/10/02 04:27 AM

With just over 630 members on this website, I'm sure there are a few Canadians, including myself. But rather than seeing individual clusters of nationalities, I see 630+ people from all over the world who share a common interest in survival basics and the "art" of being prepared. We may not all look the same or speak the same language, but that doesn't mean we can't learn something new from each other. "It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. -- John Wooden"
Posted by: OutdoorDad

Re: canada ? - 10/19/07 10:35 PM

I've been to Canada. Does that count? Even had some Labatt's and an elkhorn pastry up there.

I wish I could find a coffee place up there though...
Posted by: picard120

Re: canada ? - 10/19/07 11:55 PM

there are some Canucks here of course.
Posted by: cfraser

Re: canada ? - 10/20/07 12:53 AM

What did you want to know about Canada? LOL. The main difference you might soon notice is here there's not so many people as in the continental U.S., which means civilised "things" tend to be farther apart. Which makes survival knowledge important IMO, not that most Canadians think much about it, you'd think with the weather etc. they'd pay more attention. We mostly live in large clumps close to the U.S. border, so I'd watch out for us!

OTOH, if a "high-profile" someone can apparently completely disappear in the civilised heart (large intestine??) of the U.S., we can all learn...
Posted by: Susan

Re: canada ? - 10/20/07 05:40 PM

"Large intestine" is as good a description as any.

Sue
Posted by: cfraser

Re: canada ? - 10/20/07 06:56 PM

I don't know that area of Nevada I had in mind, but have to assume it's pretty rough and unpopulated, yet it's so near civilisation. It just seems weird to me that an area in the U.S. is so "inaccessible" and somewhat unknown. Somehow I thought every square inch would be well documented...

Re: canada ? - 10/20/07 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: OutdoorDad
I've been to Canada. Does that count? Even had some Labatt's and an elkhorn pastry up there.

Why are you replying to posts from more then 5 years ago? Or is there something wrong with the forum threading itself?

Posted by: picard120

Re: canada ? - 10/20/07 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
I'm not, but my husband is! Y'all won't hold it against me, will you? Something about those crazy Canucks, it just attracts me, ya know?<br><br>Barb G

hehehe. do you want to go out with the captain? wink
Posted by: OutdoorDad

Re: canada ? - 10/22/07 02:06 PM

What is the cut off time for replying to a thread? ...and I like Canada and Canadians! I've met a few here and there; some from west of the rockies and one Québécois.

Only wish I could find a coffee shop up there.