Those of you in the the path of various hurricanes

Posted by: Stu

Those of you in the the path of various hurricanes - 08/29/08 07:01 PM

Let us know you are still with us and if you need anything.

During Katrina, many of us on Knife Forums UPS'ed or Fed-Ex'ed stuff to a friend's store in Nothern Lousianna, and it was driven down to a friend in the Baton Rouge area, who delivered supplies to shelters south of him that certain non-governmantal refief organizations did not supply.

We even shipped a bunch of 5 gal gas and water can when were then filled in Norther LA, and driven south.

I've started gathering supplies to ship to ETS'ers who may need, but can't find supplies in damaged areas.
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurricanes - 08/29/08 08:20 PM

Thanks for the offer!!!

Reminds me of a man in Mississippi, he's providing hunting camps to house 60-80 people and 25-30 horses at no charge except to himself. He's even procured generators and fuel for the camps.

There are saints/angels among us!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Blast

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurricanes - 08/29/08 08:27 PM

Thanks! Hmmm, the only thing I seem to be short on is booze. I like Makers Mark whiskey, high quality tequila, and cheap rum. When can I expect the package? grin

-Blast
Posted by: Kris

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurric - 08/29/08 10:07 PM

Looks like Grand Cayman will be spared from the brunt of Gustav and totally missed by Hanna...

If anyone is in the Carib and needs help, just holler (pm, email or post here).

Supplies can be shipped where you need to... Help can be in many forms, just ask and i'll see what we can do.

As for the states, if you need anything, holler. Have buddies all over and I can send whatever whenever.

Good luck,
Kris

p.s. as i type this, the weather channel just posted live shots of Grand Cayman (basically first time I saw this happen...). Not a bad view of two palms blowing in the wind.
Posted by: Kris

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurric - 08/29/08 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99

I like this watching out for one another here on ETS. I like it a lot. I think it's a good thing. I helped out Mr. Ritter by donating a phone, but according to UPS tracking something called a "Weather Event" prevented it from getting to him in time, I think. Evidently...Weather isn't giving anyone any breaks lately.

Correction: Adverse Weather Conditions. Lol.

I agree, if you can help someone why not? People have helped me over the years and i've tried to do the same in return. The offer goes out to anyone who needs it.

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurricanes - 08/29/08 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Blast
Thanks! Hmmm, the only thing I seem to be short on is booze. I like Makers Mark whiskey, high quality tequila, and cheap rum. When can I expect the package? grin

-Blast

Send me an address. grin
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurricanes - 08/30/08 12:18 AM

"...high quality tequila, and cheap rum..."

I knew that there was something I liked about you! (in addition to that blowing stuff up thing)...

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurricanes - 08/30/08 12:21 AM

"...Send me an address.."

How 'bout me? I am being sprinkled on right now, and there is some wind blowing. Jose 1800 would go down great if the power goes out or something...
Posted by: Grouch

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurric - 08/30/08 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy

How 'bout me? I am being sprinkled on right now, and there is some wind blowing. Jose 1800 would go down great if the power goes out or something...

... "or something" covers a swath wider than a hurricane. wink

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurricanes - 08/30/08 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurricanes - 08/30/08 01:03 AM

Quote:
Send me an address.

Just send it to me at my Presidential Campaign Headquarters

-Blast

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurric - 08/30/08 01:04 AM

Doesn't it though...
Posted by: samhain

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurric - 08/30/08 01:21 AM

Thanks SB, that's a very kind thing to do.

We're in pretty good shape, though I gotta finally fix my fence tomorrow (been putting off for way too long), before Ol'Gus comes in and finishes what Katrina started and sends my fence down the street.

Posted by: Todd W

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurric - 08/30/08 01:57 AM

We could use some sprinkles here... pushing 105* today, dry as can be.

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurric - 08/30/08 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: ToddW
We could use some sprinkles here... pushing 105* today, dry as can be.

Northwest Ohio needs rain too. Our local meteorologist said that it's been 3 weeks since we've had anything more than a slight sprinkle. Lawns look like crap and the crops aren't doing well at all. The remnants of Fay just missed us and there's no rain in the forecast for the next 10 days.

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurric - 08/30/08 03:06 PM

After Katrina, I went to a small Mississippi town to help the local police department deal with the thousands seeking refuge in their town. The population doubled or tripled practically overnight and the town was already crippled by severe wind damage. The influx of refugees included many less than desirable elements and the local officials simply couldn't deal with it, along with the burden of trying to meet the needs of their own families, without assistance. Another mutual aid trip might be coming in the near future.
Posted by: ChristinaRodriguez

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurric - 08/31/08 12:47 AM

-Blast

Even more stuff we have in common, Blast!

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurric - 08/31/08 12:59 AM

Alas dear Christina, it's probably for the best if we never share a bottle of tequila.

-Blast, currently tipsy and pickling okra

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurric - 08/31/08 03:10 AM

Whimp. I will share a shot with her (or you for that matter) any time...

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurric - 09/02/08 10:21 AM

I hope everyone came through unscathed but are there any ETS forum members that need post-Gustav aid? How are y'all doin'?

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurric - 09/02/08 01:22 PM

I hope all of our ETS members, their families and friends made it through Gustov OK. Anybody needs emergency resupply, just ask.

Re: Those of you in the the path of various hurric - 09/02/08 01:23 PM

Alas dear Christina, it's probably for the best if we never share a bottle of tequila.

-Blast, currently tipsy and pickling okra

Blast, currently tipsy and pickling Himself. grin