Howdy howdy!

Posted by: Air_Pirate

Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 08:01 PM

Just wanted to announce my presence here. This seems to be a great forum and as an added bonus I can get to it from work! I just hope I don't offend anyone or upset anyone. So hello to all.
Posted by: Shadow_oo00

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 08:10 PM

Welcome Air_Pirate
Posted by: BobS

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 08:22 PM

Just don't get fired from work because you spend all your time here...

Posted by: epirider

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 08:23 PM

Welcome! I have been here for a few years off and on and 99% of the people here are people that I would not being neighbors with. I may not agree with all that is said, but that is the beauty of this forum is that you can agree to disagree and everyone seems fine with it.
Posted by: Blast

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 08:37 PM

Welcome to the fire, newguy! You've just joined the best forum on the internet.

-Blast
Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 08:39 PM

Hey A_P, welcome aboard.

I think we all try to keep it reasonably civil, and focus on subject matter instead of personalities. That makes the forum work. Anything else is a waste of time.

FWIW, sooner or later a topic will get you totally PO'd. IMO the correct response is: "let's agree to (strongly) disagree and just move on."

Edit: Any background info you'd like to share? What sort of stuff are you interested in?
Posted by: bsmith

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: epirider
Welcome! I have been here for a few years off and on and 99% of the people here are people that I would not being neighbors with.

well, this could go either way - i think there's a word missing between "not" and "being".

'mind' or 'like' are two possibilities. i've voting for 'mind'.

Posted by: bsmith

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 08:49 PM

welcome!
Posted by: BillLiptak

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 08:51 PM

Welcome aboard newguy! I agree this is one of the most civil boards I've ever seen. Enjoy your time here....
I too surf this all the time at work, from my phone instead of a computer. For some reason they don't seem to trust me with one of those wink

-Bill Liptak
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 09:42 PM

Welcome, Newguy!!!
Posted by: comms

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 10:03 PM

howdy
Posted by: epirider

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 10:10 PM

OOOOOPS! Ya brain went faster then the fingers. And yes the word missing is MIND. I would not MIND being neighbors with most of them. I must be getting old as when I read it back to myself...it looked fine. Thanks for the catch.
Posted by: ironraven

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 10:16 PM

Howdy Air Pirate. If you annoy, you'll be told. *laughs*

BTW, like the name. So I figured I'd share this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WrPWFn7e2c
Posted by: Grouch

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Blast
Welcome to the fire, newguy! You've just joined the best forum on the internet.

-Blast

I haven't been here long but I agree. Welcome aboard.
Posted by: rescueguru

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/20/08 10:55 PM

:)WELCOME TO ONE OF THE MOST INFORMATIVE FORUMS ON THE NET. smile
Posted by: Kris

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/21/08 01:05 AM

Welcome to the board... I can't say it better then whats already mentioned.

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/21/08 02:09 AM

Wow thanks everyone! As far as my interests, I like: camping, hiking, mountain biking, reading, geocaching, and survival stuff. I'm a gear/gadget guy, especially knives and other blades. I like watching both Survivorman and Man vs. Wild, I see merits in both shows, I just happen to enjoy Survivorman more.

I did 6 years active duty in the Air Force and am currently a technician with the Tennessee Air National Guard. (Re)Married, with a daughter and step-son. I live in Memphis, TN which is one of the violent crime capitals of the US (we are not proud).

Anyway, that about does it for what I can think of at the moment. If anyone wants to know more, just ask.

Posted by: Nicodemus

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/21/08 04:43 AM

Welcome aboard Air Pirate.
Posted by: dweste

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/21/08 04:57 AM

Howdy right back at you.
Posted by: Themalemutekid

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/21/08 12:34 PM

Welcome aboard A---P
Posted by: TheSock

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/21/08 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Air_Pirate
Wow thanks everyone! As far as my interests, I like: camping, hiking, mountain biking, reading, geocaching, and survival stuff. I'm a gear/gadget guy, especially knives and other blades. I like watching both Survivorman and Man vs. Wild, I see merits in both shows, I just happen to enjoy Survivorman more.

I did 6 years active duty in the Air Force and am currently a technician with the Tennessee Air National Guard. (Re)Married, with a daughter and step-son. I live in Memphis, TN which is one of the violent crime capitals of the US (we are not proud).

Anyway, that about does it for what I can think of at the moment. If anyone wants to know more, just ask.

You are into survival, being away from civilisation, knives and other blades, are ex military and proud of the fact you live in a high crime area, (where you see yourself as the vigilante?) And you have a logo of a skull and cross bones. Let me guess; you think of yourself as a bit of a renegade who was born 150 years too late?
You sound a bit of a lunatic in fact.
You'll fit right in with us! Welcome aboard!
The Sock

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/21/08 09:21 PM

Actually I'm not proud of living in a high crime area. As far as the vigilante image goes, I don't let people get in front of me without signalling when I'm on the interstate, I brake check tailgaters, and I have been known to put on a mask and run around at night (but for other reasons...you probably shouldn't ask).
Posted by: leemann

Re: Howdy howdy! - 08/21/08 09:49 PM

Welcome Sir to the forums.

Lee