used cars

Posted by: Ade

used cars - 07/30/02 03:57 PM

Hello all,<br><br>After much pain and anguish, I have finally (knock on wood) found a decent used vehicle. <br><br>I still have about two weeks left on my Carfax account. At the risk of subverting free enterprise, if anyone would like me to run a check on a vehicle, send me the make, model, year and VIN via e-mail.<br><br>Take care,<br><br>Andy
Posted by: Polak187

Re: used cars - 07/30/02 04:16 PM

I just paid them $20 this morning. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Heh but they did save me $5000 right off the bat. Good people.<br><br>Matt
Posted by: Ade

Re: used cars - 07/30/02 10:26 PM

Sorry man. I should have spoke up sooner, but was too busy juggling work, vehicle search, and a potential new job/move. Carfax saved me twice. I'm nobody's mechanic, and would have bought two clunkers at prices that were irresistable. Now, I paid more than would have liked, but have a good vehicle.<br><br>Take care,<br><br>Andy
Posted by: Polak187

Re: used cars - 07/31/02 11:05 AM

My experience: a 1994 100000 miles Chevy Suburban at tag price that made me run to the bank and take out the money turned out to be a 1992 Chevy with 160000 miles and 3 accidents. Heh. Forged title, rolled back odometer and nasty hits. <br><br>But I'm hooked on the big car now. My old Cherokee is a perfect getaway vehicle but sometimes it locks the power and space. Big trucks like Suburban is something that I was really missing.<br><br>Matt