This looks like a job for..... Blast

Posted by: thseng

This looks like a job for..... Blast - 08/02/08 12:20 AM

Re your recent blog post, there is another rotting carcass that needs to be disposed of, this time a raccoon in NY.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,396182,00.html
Posted by: Blast

Re: This looks like a job for..... Blast - 08/02/08 01:25 AM

Cool, I'll get the dynamite, you supply the hot chick whose husband is out of own!

-Blast
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: This looks like a job for..... Blast - 08/02/08 03:01 AM

Hahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!
Posted by: leemann

Re: This looks like a job for..... Blast - 08/02/08 03:35 AM

grin laugh lol.

Lee
Posted by: SwampDonkey

Re: This looks like a job for..... Blast - 08/02/08 06:00 PM

Funny Video Blast, Thanks.

MIKE
Posted by: thseng

Re: This looks like a job for..... Blast - 08/02/08 06:26 PM

I'm shure it seemed like a good idea at the time...
Posted by: wildman800

Re: This looks like a job for..... Blast - 08/02/08 06:29 PM

Once I saw what the problem was and the solution being used, I knew what the end result was going to be. I think an Army Demo Team could have directed the blast and debris better. I also think that the end result would have been the same except for the amount of debris blown back to the beach.

If they really wanted to "vaporize" most of the whale, a 1-5kt atomic weapon would have done that and a few miles radius as well.
Posted by: ChristinaRodriguez

I'll bet he's cut out for this job, too! - 08/03/08 01:14 AM

http://www.gotcast.com/casting-calls/Discovery-Channels-Super-Testing/51227

From the Discovery Channel:

Discovery Channel is searching for a male host to go on location for the weekly series "Super Testing." The show explores the world of extreme testing – a world of explosions, planned crashes, and controlled chaos.

The show is produced on a level as big as the subjects it covers. There are no scale models. No recreations. No "staged reality". Our cameras are involved in actual tests conducted by the U.S. military, government agencies, corporations and inventors around the world.

We’re looking for someone who is:

* In his late 30s to early 40s.

* Smart – he needs to be credible in his interactions with scientists and engineers. Science, stuntman, or engineering background is a strong plus. He does not have to be an “expert” in science or engineering per se, but should grasp the science or engineering concepts at least well enough to ask the kind of intelligent questions that our intelligent viewers appreciate.

* Tough, but an “Everyman” – He should be credible dealing with military officials, mechanics, pilots, test subjects – the whole range of folks who build things and sometimes blow things up all in the name of progress. Military, construction, or mechanical engineering background is a strong plus. He should come off as knowledgeable but likeable – and definitely a man’s man.

* Charismatic, but not too “hosty” – He should be able to explain the who-what-where-when-how of the testing in a clear, direct, and always conversational way. We need someone who seems comfortable in his own skin and comfortable on camera. But he should also be comfortable letting the light shine on the real stars of the show – the people who he encounters, who make “super testing” a reality.

Casting ends in a few days, so you'd better hurry!
Posted by: wildman800

Re: I'll bet he's cut out for this job, too! - 08/03/08 01:28 AM

This looks like a job for.....Blast!!!!

It would definitely be mine but I'm too old and starting to decay,,,,,Thank God I've got Ibuprofen in this lifetime!!!!!
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: I'll bet he's cut out for this job, too! - 08/03/08 02:57 AM

The only one of the requirements I can meet, and that was a kinda iffy requirement, is that I love to play with things that go BOOM!!!
Posted by: Blast

Re: I'll bet he's cut out for this job, too! - 08/03/08 08:19 PM

That would be sweet but I already have too many irons in the fire right now. frown

On top of being a super father, a great adventurer, and a somewhat decent employee I recently took a position teaching edible plants (and bugs) at the Houston Arboretum. If I do well with that class they'll have have me teach wilderness survival classes. I'm trying to use these contacts to get a public access TV show in Houston, and then turn that into my own Les Stroud sort of thing.

Plus that whole 100-pushups challenge...

-Blast