Interesting method of water transportation

Posted by: el_diabl0

Interesting method of water transportation - 07/25/08 06:07 PM

This looks like fun. water scooter

Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Interesting method of water transportation - 07/25/08 06:22 PM

I've seen video of somebody trying to get out of the water on one of these. You'd have to have Quads of steel to make it past 50 feet.
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Interesting method of water transportation - 07/25/08 06:31 PM

I just can't wait to see one or two of the Tom Sawyer wannabe's trying to come down the Mississippi River on 1 of those.
Posted by: Dan_McI

Re: Interesting method of water transportation - 07/25/08 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: wildman800
I just can't wait to see one or two of the Tom Sawyer wannabe's trying to come down the Mississippi River on 1 of those.

I envision a scooter looming ahead, continuing to proceed toward your tow as if oblivous to the fact that it could easily crush the scooter and its rider, wildman800 blowing his horn to provide a little warning, then again the horn is blown, then the danger signal, and finally the scooter turns and is clear. Then as you pass it, the rider is there seeming to be yelling and shaking his fist in the air at you acting like he thought he had the right-of-way.
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Interesting method of water transportation - 07/25/08 08:50 PM

Wildman800 will key his microphone on Ch 13 to insure that the "Danger Signal" is transmitted on the radio, thus being recorded by the USCG!!!!

By the way, and off topic, The company that just had their barge cut in half at New Orleans with a "Steersman" in command (left the UNLICENSED Captain on the shore) that resulted in 9000 barrels of Heavy Fuel Oil (#6),,,,,

Was also the same company that was towing a barge downstream through New Orleans, 2-3 weeks ago, and while overtaking another vessel, found too much water coming over the bow, so the "steersman" cut back his throttle and the barge ran over and sank the towboat. Again, No licensed Captain was onboard, just the Steersman!!!!!

I wonder how much longer the USCG will wait until they make towboats INSPECTED VESSELS???
Posted by: Brangdon

Re: Interesting method of water transportation - 07/27/08 02:03 PM

The girl on the UK "Gadget show" tried one. It didn't look very dignified.

Edit: here's the video: http://gadgetshow.five.tv/jsp/5gsmain.jsp?lnk=900&id=156
Posted by: Fitzoid

Re: Interesting method of water transportation - 07/27/08 02:10 PM

Wait, where do I stash my BOB as I'm headed out into the Atlantic, full speed ahead?
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Interesting method of water transportation - 07/27/08 02:18 PM

I don't see much flotation on that gizmo, so what happens if you get tired and want to rest, does it sink like a rock???