Happy 4th of July

Posted by: dweste

Happy 4th of July - 07/04/08 12:09 PM

Who knows where this great experiment in democracy will lead, but it has been an amazing ride so far. Americans have the checkered past of all revolutionary and developing countries, but the pluses seem to outweigh the minuses.

Today let's celebrate the pluses, those who got us here, and pledge whatever efforts make sense to each of us to increase the plus side of the ledger. Happy 4th!!
Posted by: nurit

Re: Happy 4th of July - 07/04/08 12:18 PM

Well said! Happy 4th to you too!

Nurit
Posted by: Kris

Re: Happy 4th of July - 07/04/08 12:37 PM

Happy 4th to all. I will honor it like I did for my country's version (July 1st). I will go to the beach with a case of beer (american this time), watch the sun set, and think about the things that need thinking.
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Happy 4th of July - 07/04/08 01:21 PM

Happy 4th of July to all!!!! In God we Trust!!!

Kris, please have my name on 1 of those beers that you will consume today since I am not in a position to have a beer today!!!
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Happy 4th of July - 07/04/08 01:22 PM

We'll be patrolling "our" campground, making sure that all the campers are happy. Then watching fireworks from across the bay. Just another day in paradise...
Posted by: SwampDonkey

Re: Happy 4th of July - 07/04/08 02:06 PM

Happy 4th of July, America! Worthy of a Celebration!

Mike
Posted by: Nicodemus

Re: Happy 4th of July - 07/04/08 02:23 PM

Happy 4th of July!
Posted by: Kris

Re: Happy 4th of July - 07/04/08 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: wildman800
Happy 4th of July to all!!!! In God we Trust!!!

Kris, please have my name on 1 of those beers that you will consume today since I am not in a position to have a beer today!!!

Will do!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Happy 4th of July - 07/04/08 03:30 PM

Happy 4th neighbors!
Posted by: big_al

Re: Happy 4th of July - 07/04/08 04:34 PM

And the Same to you folks up there in northern America.

Posted by: leemann

Re: Happy 4th of July - 07/04/08 05:11 PM

Just got back from the grand parade in provo ut( event comms )
and a Happy 4th to all here.

Lee
Posted by: Spiritwalker

Re: Happy 4th of July - 07/04/08 06:03 PM

Happy Independence Day!
Posted by: SwampDonkey

Re: Pardon the shallowness of my up bringing - 07/05/08 03:40 AM

Hi YoDuh,

Sorry I cannot help you in French translation as I speak very little of the language. My wife is bilingual but she is visiting her family for the weekend, I will ask her on Sunday night.

Mike
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Pardon the shallowness of my up bringing - 07/05/08 03:54 AM

Can't help you either. The only bilingual province is in the in the Maritimes. smile
Posted by: dweste

Re: Pardon the shallowness of my up bringing - 07/05/08 04:15 AM

Just back from the brother's. Belly full of burger, dill potato salad, BBQ'd ear of sweet corn, and a couple diet colas. Topped off with a few handfuls of blueberries and grapes.

Supervised my brother making the perfect small fire to create a small bed of coals in the raised firepit. Watched the nephew and his longtime girlfriend, the sister-in-law and her best friend, and the best friend's daughter make and discuss the perfect 'smores.

City fireworks visible through the trees. Tiki torches and solar lights as the evening darkened.

Pretty darn nice. Happy 4th.
Posted by: katarin

Re: Pardon the shallowness of my up bringing - 07/05/08 05:19 AM

just back from watching fireworks while on light rail.
earlier had bbq chicken and burger, salad, watermelon and ice cream smile

So happpy birthday USA