HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Posted by: SwampDonkey

HAPPY CANADA DAY! - 07/01/08 01:41 PM

To all Canadian's on ETS I wish you a HAPPY CANADA DAY, and to those from other nations please consider yourselves an Honourary Canadian for the day!

The following is from the Canadian Heritage Site:

Canada Day is an opportunity to gather in our communities, from coast to coast to coast, and to proudly celebrate all we have in common. It is an opportunity to celebrate our achievements, which were born in the audacious vision and shared values of our ancestors, and which are voiced in nearly all of the languages of the world through the contribution of new Canadians.

Canada Day is a time to celebrate the heritage passed down to us through the works of our authors, poets, artists and performers. It is a time to rejoice in the discoveries of our scientific researchers, in the success of our entrepreneurs, and to commemorate our history — a history in which each new chapter reveals itself to be more touching, more fascinating than the last.

As we look ahead, we have every reason to face the future with confidence and enthusiasm.

This year, as we celebrate the 141st anniversary of Confederation, we also celebrate the 400th anniversary of Québec City, which also marks the founding of Canada. Let's Celebrate Canada!

Hoping you have a fun and enjoyable day,

Mike
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: HAPPY CANADA DAY! - 07/01/08 01:46 PM

WOO! smile

Happy Canada Day!
Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: HAPPY CANADA DAY! - 07/01/08 02:25 PM

Happy Dominion Day! (I'm a traditionalist.)

True North strong and free.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Posted by: JCWohlschlag

Re: HAPPY CANADA DAY! - 07/01/08 03:12 PM

Happy Canada Day to all of you. Us Americans will be sure to shoot some of the fireworks we are no doubt stockpiling (or making ourselves, Blast whistle) in your general direction! (Just for clarity: “general direction” being the sky above your head, not directly at you.)
Posted by: Dan_McI

Re: HAPPY CANADA DAY! - 07/01/08 03:24 PM

Happy Canada Day! Enjoy.
Posted by: Kris

Re: HAPPY CANADA DAY! - 07/01/08 03:56 PM

Happy Canada Day... I will be celebrating on the beach with a case of Keiths, my wife and fireworks. I'll like you guys figure out the order ;-)
Posted by: wildman800

Re: HAPPY CANADA DAY! - 07/01/08 04:11 PM

I also wish a Happy CANADA DAY to all Canadians!!!!
Posted by: Nicodemus

Re: HAPPY CANADA DAY! - 07/01/08 05:07 PM

Happy Canada Day!

Do you have any traditions associated with the holiday like some of us here in the U.S. have with The 4th of July?
Posted by: samhain

Re: HAPPY CANADA DAY! - 07/01/08 10:29 PM

Happy Canada Day.

May your future be bright/safe/and long.

Posted by: Roarmeister

Re: HAPPY CANADA DAY! - 07/01/08 10:47 PM

I gotta feel for Detroiters... they've got July 1st Canada Day fireworks from across the river south of them and then their own 4th of July celebrations later in the week... smile