Way OT - Help Wanted with Web Site

Posted by: MartinFocazio

Way OT - Help Wanted with Web Site - 06/26/08 11:53 AM

Hello to everyone, I have a quick favor to ask.

The company where I work, Magnani Caruso Dutton (www.mcdpartners.com) is at a very early stage in the redesign of the home page for the London 2012 Olympics Organizing Committee.

We are seeking get user impressions of a proposed screen design
through an online survey.

There are 12 questions, it will take under 10 minutes to complete.

We are seeking the input of individuals primarily in the US and especially the UK, but will welcome input from all, regardless of location on the earth.

NOTE: Respondents must be at least 18 years of age.

We ask that participants in the survey NOT be involved professionally in the web design fields. If you manage a web site, that's fine, but if you design them as a career, please wait this one out.

IF YOU CAN PARTICIPATE, please send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE via this forum with your

Full Name
Company (if any)
Title (if any)
Working Email address you check frequently (required)

and I will send the web address and password for the survey within 24 hours. The survey will be open through the weekend.

We need about 250 reviewers. Please feel free to pass this request along to anyone you know, my email address will be given to you in a PM for others not on this forum to contact me. Since this forum is indexed by Google in almost real-time, I don't want to post my address here in the open.

Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: Way OT - Help Wanted with Web Site - 06/26/08 02:37 PM

Hi martinfocazio,

Wow what a sweet deal, a redesign of the London 2012 Olympics Organizing Committee Website. Please oh please could someone in your oganisation suggest putting forward using a Netobjects Fusion Web Template into one of the proposals for submission just for a laugh. The current website http://www.london2012.com/index.php#skipAnchor looks like its been designed by a 12 year old anyway using Word (much like the design of the 2012 official Logo). Amaze them with some Javascript rollover effects. A few million bucks for 10 minutes work. Now that could be one sweet deal.

The London Olympics Logo laugh laugh cry cry mad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvQxxDpsenM

The last Scottish Olympic bid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqheysKKvDc

Posted by: JCWohlschlag

Re: Way OT - Help Wanted with Web Site - 06/26/08 04:15 PM

PM sent. Hope your inbox doesn’t choke on 250+ PMs.
Posted by: Mike_H

Re: Way OT - Help Wanted with Web Site - 06/26/08 04:56 PM

Counts me out... I do web application work professionaly. That includes some web design work...
Posted by: Johno

Re: Way OT - Help Wanted with Web Site - 06/26/08 06:13 PM

PM sent
Posted by: thseng

Re: Way OT - Help Wanted with Web Site - 06/26/08 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: martinfocazio
The company where I work, Magnani Caruso Dutton (www.mcdpartners.com) is at a very early stage in the redesign of the home page for the London 2012 Olympics Organizing Committee.

I find it amusing that a web design company uses Mystery Meat Navigation on its home page shocked
Posted by: MartinFocazio

Re: Way OT - Help Wanted with Web Site - 06/26/08 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: thseng

I find it amusing that a web design company uses Mystery Meat Navigation on its home page shocked

Cobbler's Shoes, man. We're so busy that we just don't have the time to spend on it. It does not matter for us anyway.

Did you happen to notice the client list? That's our real portfolio and perhaps "mystery meat" isn't such a bad thing, you know - just eat and don't worry too much! smile - mmmm salty!
Posted by: Nicodemus

Re: Way OT - Help Wanted with Web Site - 06/26/08 09:09 PM

I'm a graphic designer, so I'm out.

Some of your company's other client sites look really nice though!