am i the only one..

Posted by: bsmith

am i the only one.. - 06/16/08 11:42 PM

..seeing code in the posts today and not what the code is to be representing?

Quick survey:<br>What multi-tool do you favor and why?<br><br>

Posted by: climberslacker

Re: am i the only one.. - 06/16/08 11:54 PM

i see it 2...i have no idea
Posted by: JCWohlschlag

Re: am i the only one.. - 06/16/08 11:56 PM

No, you are not. I have been occasionally seeing that ever since the upgrade of the forum software version. It seems like it may be some sort of issue with the amount of traffic, as I can usually smack the refresh button a couple times (which also doesn’t exactly help with the amount of traffic) and things will come through correctly.

I haven’t really had the problem often enough to offer any other conclusions or speculation, though.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: am i the only one.. - 06/17/08 12:10 AM

Let me know which posts and I may be able to track it down.

Re: am i the only one.. - 06/17/08 12:13 AM

Looks like some are using HTML code when the "UBBCode" only option for formatting is selected. Or... it's being stored as one when it should be the other. Let me know if it crops up again.

Re: am i the only one.. - 06/17/08 12:16 AM

i just noticed this issue for the first time today.

the "multi tool" thread on the survival forum has several messages w/code.

the "rsk" thread on the survival forum.

thanks for your prompt attention!

you are a real lurker, aren't you?

Re: am i the only one.. - 06/17/08 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: bsmith
you are a real lurker, aren't you?

I pop on now and again when Chris or Doug point out an issue. My "day job" keeps me too busy otherwise.

Most of the affected threads are older and I'm going to assume that the UBBCode didn't port well between version updates, or was altered slightly when we ran the "rebuild posts" function that is supposed to actually clean those types of things up.

Some posts can be corrected by us going through and specifying that they contain both types of code. Others we'll have to give more individualized TLC. In the end, I'm not so sure it's worth it unless it's truly bothersome.

Re: am i the only one.. - 06/17/08 01:01 AM

the "lurker" was meant in a light vein.. i mentioned the problem - you seemed to be right there to fix it...

thank you for your prompt response..

youse guys are great at keeping this internet thing running seemingly smooth - and i do appreciate the work it takes to make it look so seamless and smooth...

Posted by: JCWohlschlag

Re: am i the only one.. - 06/17/08 02:28 AM

Looks like I may have been talking about something different. What I occasionally noticed was more like the HTML got cut off in mid-transfer, so you end up seeing part of the page with some HTML code fragments at the bottom. I haven’t noticed it happen for a week or two, so I doubt it is a widespread problem.

If I notice it start to trend again (or anything else), I will just pop a screenshot for you, since describing stuff like that is a royal pain.
Posted by: ironraven

Re: am i the only one.. - 06/17/08 10:22 AM

What, wait? We can use HTML in here?
Posted by: Blast

Re: am i the only one.. - 06/17/08 02:45 PM

Quote:

Uh-oh, Ironraven is grinning. That's never a good sign.
eek
-Blast

Re: am i the only one.. - 06/17/08 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: ironraven

Why does that sound like finding a really cool feature on a car you're about to trade in?

No, we're not trading in the board... just noting the irony.
Posted by: Alex

Re: am i the only one.. - 06/26/08 03:51 AM

The [...] code is Ok now. But the smileys are shown as *laughs*, *shrugs*, etc in this thread for example: http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=137712&page=2

Or that's ironraven grinning again? smile