surviving the urban jungle

Posted by: aloha

surviving the urban jungle - 06/16/08 06:35 AM

Aloha Everyone,

I didn't realize that I have been away from the forum for over three months. Sheesh! I miss you guys and gals!

Business trip, serious illness in the family, getting caught up on work, etc have made me a dull boy. I have been so busy that my rehab and treatment from my auto accident last year have been put on hold. So now my free moments have been spent catching up on sleep, catching up on work, and time with the kids of course. Now when I am in front of my computer and not working, my wife or daughters find me asleep at my desk. It's hard to read the forum posts with your eyes closed.

Hopefully, over the coming weeks, I can get caught up and reacquainted with everyone.

Aloha!
Posted by: LED

Re: surviving the urban jungle - 06/16/08 08:33 AM

Welcome back. Like the guy from Motel 6 says, "we'll keep the light on for ya."
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: surviving the urban jungle - 06/16/08 12:51 PM

Welcome back! Hope the family is morebetter (and you too of course). Go camping to unwind, and send us some pics!!!
Posted by: nurit

Re: surviving the urban jungle - 06/16/08 01:58 PM

Welcome back, Aloha. I've enjoyed your posts and look forward to more!

Please do find time to continue your rehab and treatment. I'm not familiar with your situation, of course. But I still remember what an orthopedist said to me many years ago.
I had dropped something heavy on my hand; nothing broken, just bruising and contusion. The pain subsided; the hand felt stiff but I assumed I'd be fine. I'd never had an injury before. Didn't seek medical help until a friend yelled at me. As a concert pianist I should've known better, but I was at that age where you feel invulnerable.
Orthopedist prescribed 6 sessions of physiotherapy. I asked what for? He said, "To make sure you heal completely. Without physiotherapy that stiffness may never really go away." That got my attention, and I followed his advice. And talk about healing completely: I can't remember which hand was injured!

best to you,
Nurit

Posted by: Blast

Re: surviving the urban jungle - 06/16/08 02:12 PM

Aloha Aloha! I was wondering where you've been.

-Blast
Posted by: MDinana

Re: surviving the urban jungle - 06/16/08 02:27 PM

Yay! Aloha's back. My, but I bet the kids have grown smile time for new pictures!

Re: surviving the urban jungle - 06/16/08 05:24 PM

"...continue your rehab and treatment..."

Good point. My old partner screwed up his knee on duty one day, had surgery, then workers comp denied any form of physical therapy. Long story short, favoring that knee for too long caused a hip problem that got him retired, and walking like an old old man well before his time...
Posted by: wildman800

Re: surviving the urban jungle - 06/16/08 06:29 PM

Welcome back Aloha!!! I'm glad things are slowing down a bit. Get some rest, get back on sked with the PT,,,,we'll be here when you're rested up!!!!

Re: surviving the urban jungle - 06/17/08 05:16 AM

Aloha Gang!

Thanks for your nice comments.

My mother-in-law is as healthy as possible. My treatments are winding down and I am feeling pretty good. Work is still hectic though. And my chiropractor thinks I should talk to an attorney, so we'll see where that takes us.

I did get to go on a couple of short camping trips with my family. That and my daughter's soccer practices and games have been my breaks. I actually didn't take any pictures, but I can post a recap of what we did.

It will take me several weeks to catch up on my forum reading, I suspect. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing your pictures.
Posted by: kd7fqd

Re: surviving the urban jungle - 06/17/08 11:04 AM

Aloha Brudder
Welcome Back We sure missed you
(I miss Hawaii)

Mike

Re: surviving the urban jungle - 06/17/08 02:12 PM

"...It will take me several weeks to catch up on my forum reading..."

For sure. The "poofed back in time" threat alone is up to something like 123 posts, with some deep thinking in it. That might take a while...

Re: surviving the urban jungle - 06/19/08 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: kd7fqd
Aloha Brudder
Welcome Back We sure missed you
(I miss Hawaii)

Mike

Mike, you gotta come visit!