Fun website

Posted by: el_diabl0

Fun website - 04/02/08 04:55 PM

I stumbled across this site recently. Not very comprehensive, but fun to play with. Apparently I can survive 581 days in my home.

http://www.oneplusyou.com/q/v/trapped
Posted by: benjammin

Re: Fun website - 04/02/08 05:19 PM

I made 488 days, but I haven't gone to the store in a while.

Interesting that there's no provision in there for water or my survival gear.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Fun website - 04/02/08 05:23 PM

I want to see the math they use. Apparently my wife and I will only survive 55 days despite the 20 lb. bag of rice in the closet. I guess we should have bought that leather couch?

I guess nobody told them how long a person can go without food.

I also wonder how they factor having tools or a generator factors in survival time. Nice to haves but I'll survive just as long without a generator. Having both didn't seem to help me any anyhow.

Re: Fun website - 04/02/08 05:27 PM

There's an option for how many people are in your household but now for how many you're willing to eat to save yourself...another oversight! wink
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Fun website - 04/02/08 05:31 PM

I like the idea of this survey/inventory but i'll look closer @ it before contributing since I have a pentium chip in my computer.

Yes, I'm being paranoid!!
Posted by: Nicodemus

Re: Fun website - 04/02/08 06:04 PM

594 days... Riiiiight.

I hope the water stays on... LOL

Re: Fun website - 04/02/08 06:33 PM

The site assumes you have a ready supply of fresh water but not electricity.
Posted by: BobS

Re: Fun website - 04/02/08 06:33 PM

595 for me, seems kinda high. But I agree it leaves a lot out of the equation. It doesn’t address a lot that I take into account for preparedness.

I don’t have a generator in the house, it’s in the garage (as are tools and some food that is tolerant to freezing) so I don’t know if it really counts if you have something available to you that is not stored within the walls of your house.

I calculated it with and without the generator and the generator only added 3-days.

Re: Fun website - 04/02/08 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: wildman800
I like the idea of this survey/inventory but i'll look closer @ it before contributing since I have a pentium chip in my computer.

Yes, I'm being paranoid!!

??????????????????

Re: Fun website - 04/02/08 06:41 PM

Okay. Now I know it's broken.

With 0 lbs of food and no other supplies you'll last 0 days.
Add the sewing kit only and you'll last 3 days?
Just a pet makes it 5
Just vitamins makes it 10?
With 0 lbs of food and all the other supplies (except the couch, pets and vitamins...no food) you'll last 37 days....maybe but only if you're lucky.

Posted by: climberslacker

Re: Fun website - 04/02/08 08:15 PM

yes I have 9999 pounds of food... and everthing else I could survive for about 22277 days... But my water runs out sfter 3 days I will be able last probably 4 more days for a grand total of 10 days wich is only 1/2227.7th of what they predicted...flawed you decide.

Re: Fun website - 04/02/08 11:26 PM

Here is another web site, it tells you when you are going to die.

http://www.deathclock.com/

I check out Wednesday, October 28, 2043
Posted by: JCWohlschlag

Re: Fun website - 04/03/08 01:09 AM

Quote:
100% Leather clothing or furniture (additional food source)

Uh… okay. Eating your leather clothes or furniture definitely has not been a common theme on the forum here, as it has never crossed my mind. Not sure the idea is going to stay in my mind for long, either. laugh
Posted by: SwampDonkey

Re: Fun website - 04/03/08 01:44 AM

Hi Bob,

That Deathclock is a neat site, my date was (or is?) March 25, 2053, that makes me 90 years old. I am O.K. with that, because I am proabaly going to die of doing something stupid anyway, or the DW will have me "whacked" long before then.

Heck, I think I even have some time to spare; I am going to go eat a pizza, have a 6 pack and complain about the Gov't, should only cost me like 12 minutes or so.

Mike

Re: Fun website - 04/03/08 02:32 AM

I am proabaly going to die of doing something stupid anyway
-----------------------------------------------------------

What did the redneck say just before he died?

“Hey Youall watch this”
Posted by: SwampDonkey

Re: Fun website - 04/03/08 02:37 AM

I thought before the Redneck died he said, "Hey, hold my beer, eh"!
Posted by: PackRat

Re: Fun website - 04/03/08 03:01 AM

A true Redneck would never let anyone hold his beer!

He would die without spilling a drop. smile

Re: Fun website - 04/03/08 11:58 AM

Deathclock is interesting. Based on my BMI, if I drop 60 lbs in weight I only gain one more year. That sucks, guess I will skip the diet.

Re: Fun website - 04/03/08 02:34 PM

I would agree. At 6'6" and 265 lbs, I have to think if I went to 215 it would make more than a year's difference in my longevity. I'd be back to my rugby weight then, and that would require some serious exercise I am not doing right now. If that's the case, then why bother if I am only going to get one more year out of it?
Posted by: Dan_McI

Re: Fun website - 04/03/08 02:46 PM

It seems to me that any man with a BMI of under 25 is going to need to have a jacket size of 42 or under.

I think the website about staying in your home is fun. However, it does not seem to account for my needing the water to come out of the tap. If it does not, I am not making it a month in a New York City Apt.
Posted by: unimogbert

Re: Fun website - 04/03/08 02:55 PM

Bogosity alert.

I saw a difference of 21 YEARS depending on Normal vs. Pessimistic.

If I'm pessimistic I'll die in July this year.

Hmm. Well, maybe they're right.

You guys want to start bidding for my stuff?

Re: Fun website - 04/03/08 05:06 PM

BMI also doesn't take into account your build or genetics. At 5'11" and 215 lbs I'm technically morbidly obese...which is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. I'm not in the best shape but I'm aside from a bit of a belly I'm not really that fat at all...and definately not so fat that I'm at risk of dying because of it.
Posted by: Johno

Re: Fun website - 04/03/08 07:30 PM

Not too sure I fancy stewing the furniture though, the pets maybe.
Posted by: Nicodemus

Re: Fun website - 04/03/08 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Hacksaw
The site assumes you have a ready supply of fresh water but not electricity.

I kinda meant it as toilet humor. LOL