A recent Fire Call

Posted by: MartinFocazio

A recent Fire Call - 03/31/08 05:59 PM

This is unusual for us - an arson investigation! Some excitement around these parts.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-2fire.6336957mar31,0,7451413.story

"An explosion at a strip mall that rocked homes nearly a mile away set off a fire that gutted five businesses in Nockamixon Township early Sunday morning, fire officials said."

Let me tell ya - an auto parts store makes for some SPECTACULAR fire and smoke.

There wasn't a chance of stopping it,- it was a hell of a burn - we mostly stood around and let the ladders and master streams handle what we could. No exposures to speak of, just the 5 businesses.

Posted by: MoBOB

Re: A recent Fire Call - 03/31/08 06:05 PM

Thanks for helping your neighbors and we are glad nobody was injured.

If it is arson can the "eye for an eye" principle be used?
Posted by: Dan_McI

Re: A recent Fire Call - 03/31/08 06:33 PM

Martin, sounds like your fellow fighters and yourself did a good job. I think the firefighters had a wonderful attitude: "I tried to thank them, but they didn't think it was a big deal."
Posted by: MartinFocazio

Re: A recent Fire Call - 03/31/08 06:35 PM

That's the Ottsville crew station 49. We're "next due" in that it wasn't in our local response areas. Ottsville station 49 folks did all the real work while I ate an egg sandwich and rolled hose!

But I do think he mistook their lack of any measurable communications skills for modesty. I say that knowing full well that the guys at Ottsville are pretty darn great and can handle a good ribbing. And also because I want them to let me climb their ladder again one day - here is is in service at the end of the call: