Getting together...

Posted by: KG2V

Getting together... - 03/27/08 08:31 AM

I was wondering - would folks be interested in say, a local get together? (where ever they are)

Marty and I have talked about getting together for lunch for oh, 2-3 years, and just have not managed it. I've noticed a bunch of other members who live/work in NYC.

Now - I'm not expecting folks to take a weekend day and come into the city (but who knows) - but maybe say - one nice weather day, later this sping - Lunch up at Central part, or the Battery (if more folks are downtown). One BAD thing - right now, with my leg wound - walking is kinda hard on me. Hint, instead of walking most of the 11 miles home like I did last blackout - I'd be one of the folks showing up at a shelter (well, actually, I'd drive) as I doubt I could walk 1/4 mile right now, and I KNOW what that 1/4 mile walk would do (2-3 days in bed, if not the hospital) (Have I mentioned that chronic wounds that won't heal and that HURT really suck)
Posted by: Dan_McI

Re: Getting together... - 03/27/08 12:34 PM

I'd be up for it. Midtown is fine. Pick something near your mode of transport.
Posted by: benjammin

Re: Getting together... - 03/27/08 02:09 PM

I'd recommend Harry's Diner in Midtown (corner of 38th & Broadway) as a swell location for a meal get together. The service is good, the food is good, and the price ain't bad.

You might also consider Bryant Park as an alternative to CP or the Battery. Lots of good food joints around, easy access, and not a long walk.

Of course, Penn Station is always a cool place to meet up. It is convenient to get to and has a fairly diverse food option. Manhattan mall is right there.

Grand Central is also a good meeting spot.

Man, I miss some of my NYC romps.

Posted by: Polak187

Re: Getting together... - 03/27/08 03:18 PM

I would be down. Just need a heads up since I'm working Tour 3s now (until 10p) so I can mutal my shift out.

Any place is good for me.

Matt
Posted by: MartinFocazio

Re: Getting together... - 03/29/08 12:00 AM

Harry's Diner is great, and that's not too far for me too. I'm normally in Chelsea, so it's a short hop up on the N or W for me.

I'm in North Carolina and Chicago for a little bit, but how's the end of April sound? Maybe last Wednesday of the month?

Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Getting together... - 03/29/08 12:55 AM

We would come, but not 'til the second or third annual event. Leaving AZ next month for WA, then back to AZ for the winter, then thinking SD for the spring/summer of '09, then maybe FL for the winter (just learned about something called Fantasy Fest [google it if you have the guts], which seems to be a mustdo thing), so maybe in '10...
Posted by: Kris

Re: Getting together... - 03/29/08 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
... Fantasy Fest ...

Thats like pirates week down here in early November...
Posted by: Nishnabotna

Re: Getting together... - 03/29/08 11:02 AM

I'll pass on that.
Posted by: Themalemutekid

Re: Getting together... - 04/26/08 01:14 PM

We should meet up and go on a hike with this guy "Wildman"Steve Brill. Not only can we meet & get to know one another, but we can also learn something useful while we're at it.
Posted by: KG2V

Re: Getting together... - 04/26/08 11:47 PM

I've hiked out in Queens with Steve - the way my leg is, no can do any more - I could meet post hike