crashed in the desert

Posted by: TheSock

crashed in the desert - 03/02/08 04:45 PM

in the UK on channel 4; there's just been an ex cellent re-enactment of people surviving a plane crash in the kalahari desert on. it' starting again on channel 4 plus 1 (143 on virgin) NOW.
The Sock

Re: crashed in the desert - 03/02/08 05:29 PM

Up till 1982 we had only 3 channels. now we are like you '200 channels and nothing on!' :-)
Interesting documentary; they survived by breaking rule number 1.
Two of them didn't stay with the plane and reached help.
The Sock
Posted by: Susan

Re: crashed in the desert - 03/02/08 05:32 PM

Does it have a title?

There was a movie called 'Sands of the Kalahari' (1965), about a plane crash.

Sue

Re: crashed in the desert - 03/02/08 05:43 PM

Called 'Crashed in the Desert'. It was made for tv by the look of, it but still had excellent graphics. The Channel 4 web site has more on it they said
By the way Susan when you told the chap looking to remove mildew to 'try sunshine' is that a brand name?
The Sock
Posted by: Susan

Re: crashed in the desert - 03/02/08 05:45 PM

Yes, it's the Sol brand. None of the others are strong enough.

Sue

Re: crashed in the desert - 03/02/08 05:47 PM

And where is everybody? Of the 10 threads on the first page of 'Around the Campfire' Susan or I submitted the last post on 6 of them. Is there some kind of holiday in the US?
The Sock

Re: crashed in the desert - 03/02/08 07:13 PM

Actually we only got the 4th channel in 82. it was the 90s before we had a fifth. Don't know if we really have 200. Think it would be more like 60...
725? are there actually enough good programmes to fill them. Our best stuff is american.
The Sock
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: crashed in the desert - 03/02/08 10:27 PM

Where? We are in the Arizona desert, right now putting up with 40mph winds and lots of dust. Can't get any UK tv channels, so I didn't feel the need to comment. No offense. As for the other threads, our aircard only works part of the time, we are in a very poor cell service area. So we can not get online all of the time...
Posted by: Stretch

Re: crashed in the desert - 03/02/08 11:13 PM

Two men go in search of help and almost die. They reach help. Everyone survives, including the woman who was the worst off.

www.stretchssynopsis.com
Posted by: Blitz

Re: crashed in the desert - 03/02/08 11:15 PM

We watch BBC America sometimes, "Kitchen Nightmares" w/Ramsey and "Last Restaurant Standing".

Oh yeah, I grew up with "Benny Hill". My Dad I and would watch that show religiously.

Blitz
Posted by: Blitz

Re: crashed in the desert - 03/02/08 11:27 PM

Big Daddy,

I was talking about the Brit version, although I do enjoy the American one.

Blitz
Posted by: frostbite

Re: crashed in the desert - 03/02/08 11:48 PM

I enjoy the BBC America channel, especially the mysteries, and Green Wing was good crazy fun. We've got about 250 channels here in TN and still nothing to watch.
Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: crashed in the desert - 03/02/08 11:51 PM

Hi IzzyJG99

Quote:
200? Better sit yourself down. Are you seated? Good. For $89.99 a month I get from Brighthouse Cable Network LITERALLY 725 channels with more channels being added literally each month.

So I guess it takes nearly four times longer to flick through the channels on the remote whilst saying,

'Nope, rubbish, rubbish, what!, thats on again, nope, nope, rubbish, rubbish, rubbish, OMG ,there still not selling Gazelle Freestylers are they, rubbish, rubbish, Aha Survivorman, Hmm I've seen this one twice already before but I can't be bothered changing the batteries on remote!!' wink

Re: crashed in the desert - 03/07/08 09:57 PM

I started this thread and i had to look up what it was about. Don't worry, chatting about the telly is always good.
Ramsey is unbelievably obnoxious on english telly too.
OK I know it's all an act. But I still wish
George Foreman would go on Hells Kitchen. Go on Gordon; try swearing at Big George.
The Sock

>Yup, I have many Nightmares VR'd. Too bad they had to make Ramsey such a butthead here for the American one, I think it would have gone over better if he had been himself. I don't even know what the topic at hand is though.. hmm..