My fire piston

Posted by: climberslacker

My fire piston - 02/28/08 03:41 AM

Hello all. I know that many of you have been customers of Jeff Wagner. I have talked to him on the phone 3 times. I ordered my Fire pistons I think January 1st. It said that there may be a short delay. I didn't imagine this. I have contacted him and he said that he would probably send them on Thursday (last Thursday). They still haven't arrived. Am I just worrying or what. As some of you have shopped with him before, is this a normal waiting time? I ordered 2 fire pistons (could this be the sourse of my problem) a flint and steel striker kit and a fire plow (mabye they didin't have this??)I am just getting worried now. thank you all.

PS: I will be contacting him tomorrow.
Posted by: Schwert

Re: My fire piston - 02/28/08 06:50 PM

He definately is not fast. I waited on mine from him for over a year.

I do think he will deliver, so hang tight. He offered to trade me a tinder capsule for a braid....I sent the braid long ago and am still awaiting the tinder capsule.

Darrel Aune is my firepiston man. Good stuff.

Re: My fire piston - 02/28/08 11:59 PM

Thank you, just the reassurance I needed.
Posted by: BobS

Re: My fire piston - 02/29/08 12:49 AM

A Year? Wow...
Posted by: humbytheory

Re: My fire piston - 03/09/08 03:05 AM

A year, yeah I ordered one in '07, Sept. or Oct., I forget now it's been so long. I called once in Nov. then again in Dec. Each time all I got was:

OH yeah I have it here on the list it should not be long now..

I keep checking my credit card to see if they bill me. So far they haven't. I don't know if it's worth waiting, there are so many others selling them now.

-H
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: My fire piston - 03/09/08 12:59 PM

"...I waited on mine from him for over a year..."

Wow. Did you have to pay upfront???
Posted by: Brangdon

Re: My fire piston - 03/10/08 02:27 PM

I ordered one in Nov 2005 and it arrived in April 2006. I had to nag Jeff three times and get a bit threatening at the end.

Re: My fire piston - 03/10/08 02:29 PM

wow! he said that he woud "make sure it (mine) gets out tommorrow" do you think he will?

Re: My fire piston - 03/10/08 08:22 PM

Yes, I did pay up on that firepiston. Jeff is pretty slow that is for sure.

I would much prefer a fellow tell me straight out that whatever I have ordered is not done and getting it done has an unsure of date, but that I would be notifed when it is done and ready to ship....and that actually be the ship date.

I have no problem with custom working taking time....I have a whole lot of trouble with expectations that are not realized.

Re: My fire piston - 03/10/08 08:59 PM

Hey guys guess what just arived at my door!

1 water buffalo horn fire piston
1 coco bolo fire piston
1 fire plow set
1 flint and steel set!1!!!

I am getting better at the F&S and the FP but have absolutly no idea how to work the fire plow... it didn't come with instructions, i even checked wildwood survival and it didn't help much

Re: My fire piston - 03/10/08 09:48 PM

I don't think that I would want to pay upfront for something that came that slowly. What if the maker got run over by a train or something before he got around to making/shipping your???

Re: My fire piston - 03/10/08 09:52 PM

Here is ssome info. Google fire plow and you will find a lot more...

Re: My fire piston - 03/10/08 11:06 PM

Excellent. From what I have seen fire plow is sweaty work. Good luck with all those new tools and give us a report and some photos if you can.

Re: My fire piston - 03/11/08 01:21 AM

Thanks OBG Will do Schwert!