Another 8 inches of snow

Posted by: Blitz

Another 8 inches of snow - 02/23/08 02:25 AM

and still going. Oh How I love it here in New England!! mad eek grin OBG you gotta come visit.

Global warming my @$$

Blitz

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/23/08 02:58 AM

Make that 10", now some freezing rain. Oh Joy!! grin

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/23/08 03:38 AM

10" now. glad this isn't a major storm. Plows are just getting out there now 11:37pm EST
Posted by: Art_in_FL

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/23/08 04:33 AM

Hit 80F down here.

Plan to get out and catch some sun tomorrow.
Posted by: katarin

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/23/08 05:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Blitz
10" now. glad this isn't a major storm. Plows are just getting out there now 11:37pm EST

Better you then me :)i purposely moved out of snow country
Posted by: Kris

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/23/08 01:02 PM

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

stay warm!
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/23/08 01:43 PM

"...OBG you gotta come visit..."

OK, will do. Maybe in the fall of '10, we may have worked our way that far east by then. But none of the dreaded white stuff. Right now I am looking out the big window at clear skies, visby about a jillion miles, no smog, no precip, several hundred sandhill cranes feeding in an alfafa field (the honkers have all flown back north). You can have that snow and cold weather stuff...
Posted by: bsmith

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/23/08 04:50 PM

it's real cold here today @ 58 brrrrrrrrrr. might have to put on a light sweater over my tee shirt. grin

and it's even gonna rain tonight.

rain? in socal? yep. maybe over an inch ! woo - hoo !

Posted by: rescueguru

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/24/08 01:45 AM

eek WINTER S#%*@, even here in Carolina. I would love to winter in Aruba and summer in Key West. I HATE COLD WEATHER and especially SNOW, SLEET, or FREEZING RAIN (the absolute worst). Unfortuneately, I don't have a job in a warm climate. Guess there are worse things than the cold; homeless and hungry come to mind immediately smile

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/24/08 02:45 AM

"...I HATE COLD WEATHER and especially SNOW, SLEET, or FREEZING RAIN (the absolute worst)..."

A man of my thinking for sure!!!
Posted by: RayW

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/25/08 10:04 AM

Went to a military vehicle get together over the weekend, thought some of you that are tired of looking at the white stuff would like to see what we have to put up with down here for the winter.

http://tinyurl.com/2gyqpy

Posted by: MDinana

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/25/08 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
"Right now I am looking out the big window at clear skies, visby about a jillion miles, no smog, ...

Being a SoCal baby, having lived there till about 23, I'm not so sure about those views. I like smog - I don't trust air I can't see. grin

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/25/08 02:04 PM

"...I like smog - I don't trust air I can't see..."

But it tastes sooooo bad!!!

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/25/08 02:08 PM

Nice. Not what I was hoping for, but nice...
Posted by: Frankie

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/25/08 04:23 PM

There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing so get yourself a sexy parka and live a little.

Frankie
Posted by: Frank2135

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/25/08 09:58 PM

Right now I'm looking out the big window at Lake Erie, which is frozen over out to a distance of about 7 miles. It looks a bit like the surface of the moon.

Yeah, it's cold and snowy and there's all the struggling with heavy clothes and boots every time you want to take the dog for a walk or evn get the mail, but it's still beautiful.

It makes warm weather all that more enjoyable, too, because we know it won't last!
Posted by: RayW

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/26/08 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
Nice. Not what I was hoping for, but nice...

I can’t post those pictures, will have to send those in a pm. wink

It was not a normal show where you walk by and look at how nice and clean all of the vehicles are. These folks take the toys into the woods (cow pasture actually) , which is what made it interesting. Course i didn't see any cows while i was there so maybe that explains where the prime rib dinner came from.
Posted by: KenK

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/26/08 01:15 AM

Two years ago I finally bought my dream toy - a fairly large 4WD John Deere tractor with a front end loader and a rear blade. There's nothing more fun than scooping up deep snow and building HUUUGE piles of snow for my kids to play on. I'm like a kid in an oversized - somwhat cold - sandbox!!

We're expecting another 6" or so tonight. Bring it on!!!

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/26/08 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Frankie
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing so get yourself a sexy parka and live a little.

Frankie

+1 on that.

Today was wonderful, nice and warm broke 40F. Thanks to everyone who replied, even those from warmer climates. You loveable Bas^@&*)$ grin
Posted by: benjammin

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/26/08 01:45 PM

Ah yes, sitting in 8 inches of snow, with more falling, yelping and howling on the coyote calls, watching the opposite side of the draw for any sign of movement. Those are some great memories.

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/26/08 11:24 PM

OK I got this in my e-mail. I had to clean it up but still pretty funny. True as well. Hope you enjoy.

Dear Diary

Aug. 1
Moved to our new home in Massachusetts. It is so beautiful here. The city is so picturesque. Can hardly wait to see it covered with snow. I LOVE IT HERE!!!

Oct. 14
New England is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turning all different colors. I love the shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the hills and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most peaceful animals on earth. This must be paradise. I LOVE IT HERE!

Nov. 11
Deer season will open soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such an elegant creature. The very symbol of peace and tranquility. Hope it will snow soon. I LOVE IT HERE!

Dec. 2
It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looked like a postcard. Went outside and cleaned snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight today (I won). When the snow-plow came by we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. Mother Nature in perfect harmony. I LOVE IT HERE!!!

Dec. 12
More snow last night. I love it. The snowplow did his trick again (that rascal). A winter wonderland. I LOVE IT HERE!

Dec. 19
Snowed again last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work this time. I'm exhausted from shoveling. @#*%(&* Snowplow!

Dec. 22
More of that white $#!% fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snowplow hides around the corner and waits until I'm done shoveling. That @$$^*&(!

Dec.25
'White Christmas' my busted @#!. More !@&^%$* snow. If I ever get my hands on that son-of-a-female dog who drives that snowplow, I swear I will castrate the dumb bas^@$#. Don't know why they don't use more salt on this %$#&*($ ice.

Dec. 28
More of the same $#!^ last night. Been inside since Christmas day except for when 'Snowplow Harry' comes by. Can't go anywhere. The car is buried in a mountain of white $#!^. The weatherman says expect another 10 inches of this $#!^ tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

Jan.1
Happy #^%&*(@ New Year. The weatherman was wrong (AGAIN). We got 34 $!@#(*^ inches of snow this time. At this rate it won't melt until the 4th of July. The snowplow got stuck down the road and $#!^ for brains had the ba!!$ to come to the door and ask to borrow my shovel. I told him I broke 6 shovels already, shoveling out the $#!^ he plowed into my driveway. I broke
the 7th shovel over his %^$!@*& head.

Jan.4
Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back a deer ran out in front of the car and I hit the #!~&*&%. Did about $3,000.00 damage to the car. Wish the hunters would have killed them all last November.

May 3.
Took the car to the garage in town today. Would you believe the body is rotting away from all the !@#(^%$ salt they keep dumping all over the roads. It really looks like a piece of $#!^.

May 10.
Moved to North Carolina today. I can't imagine why anyone in their right %^&!@)* mind would want to live in the God forsaken State of Massachusetts.

Posted by: wildman800

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/26/08 11:53 PM

thank-you, thank-you, thank-you,,,,,I really needed the laughs this post has provided me, at this time.

Bo (continuing the voyage from H@#$)

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/27/08 12:11 AM

Glad I could oblige Wildman, I'm happy you enjoyed it. Humor, is the best medicine.

Blitz

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/27/08 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Kris
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

stay warm!

OK I want to be down there with you in the Caribbean.

More snow tonight and later in the week.

Blitz

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/27/08 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Art_in_FL
Hit 80F down here.

Plan to get out and catch some sun tomorrow.

Thanks Buddy, I'll be remembering you in the summer when I'm up in VT enjoying the cool mountain breezes and you're down there with the 90% humidity sweating like a pig. grin

Just kiddin' I'm really jealous.

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/27/08 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: benjammin
Ah yes, sitting in 8 inches of snow, with more falling, yelping and howling on the coyote calls, watching the opposite side of the draw for any sign of movement. Those are some great memories.

Come on up, you can relive the experience!

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/27/08 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: RayW
Went to a military vehicle get together over the weekend, thought some of you that are tired of looking at the white stuff would like to see what we have to put up with down here for the winter.

http://tinyurl.com/2gyqpy

Pretty cool Ray. Wheeling is great and then you break something, but it's still fun. Nice vehicles BTW.
Posted by: JCWohlschlag

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/27/08 04:47 AM

From someone who just recently moved from his 28-year-life-long home of Southern California to Northeast Pennsylvania, thank you for that. It got a definite chuckle that masked the horrified anxiety of what is to come.

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/27/08 10:37 PM

Thats a tough move JC, good luck. I think we have had about 4 1/2 feet of snow so far this year. Way more up north though, over 100 inches in most spots. eek

Blitz

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/27/08 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: bsmith

it's real cold here today @ 58 brrrrrrrrrr. might have to put on a light sweater over my tee shirt. grin

Why I oughta...

Seriously though, you better bundle up, I know how delicate you SoCal people are. cool laugh grin

Blitz
Posted by: Art_in_FL

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/28/08 01:29 AM

Thanks Buddy, I'll be remembering you in the summer when I'm up in VT enjoying the cool mountain breezes and you're down there with the 90% humidity sweating like a pig. grin

Just kiddin' I'm really jealous.

Temps in the 90s and sweating like a pig I can handle. I don't even like AC until it hits 95F or better. Even then give me a breeze and the freedom to go light on the clothes and I'm good. During the summer I rarely use the AC in my truck.

Later in the summer, August and September, when the heat has gotten really old, I use AC more consistently.

On the other hand I feel cold at 75F and shiver at 65F. Cold gets into my bones. I have worked at much colder temps, both below 0F and in the teens with wind off the water (much colder), but I didn't enjoy it one little bit.

I'm glad I moved south and wish you guys would learn to play with your cold weather in your own sandbox. Here it is Feb 27 and we are expecting temps down in the 30s. It is supposed to be spring here with nothing colder than 50F.

Try to stay warm and, if you do like the cold, try to keep it above the Mason-Dixon line.

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/28/08 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Art_in_FL

I'm glad I moved south and wish you guys would learn to play with your cold weather in your own sandbox. Here it is Feb 27 and we are expecting temps down in the 30s. It is supposed to be spring here with nothing colder than 50F.

Try to stay warm and, if you do like the cold, try to keep it above the Mason-Dixon line.

Art,

I think I hear a violin in tha background playing "My heart cries for you" grin

BTW

We had more last night, and more coming tomorrow.

At least my new 4X4 isn't going to waste.

Blitz
Posted by: bsmith

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/28/08 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: bsmith

Why I oughta...

Blitz

nyuck - nyuck - nyuck...

only got up to 73 ahhhhhhhhh.... today from a low of 41....brrrrrrrrr !!!! grin

you know, we do have nice weather here - but we sure do pay a lot in housing costs to enjoy it.

btw, i'm going to visit the snow next monday... i think there's a bit left on the north side of the hills..

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/29/08 01:54 AM

We got into the mid-80's today, worked up quite a sweat. Eat your heart out...
Posted by: SARbound

Re: Another 8 inches of snow - 02/29/08 02:35 AM

Yesterday evening, I went bushcrafting with a friend of mine. Picked our snowshoes, threw a few things in the backpack, and off we went. We made a fire, had a few beers, and came back. Total time : 45 mins to fire area, 3 hours there, and 45 minutes back.

Temp : -2 F (-19 C)

We're in Quebec, Canada. smile After three or four of these trips, I gotta confirm that proper CLOTHING is the most important thing. Lighting a fire is easy, even with wet wood, as long as you have a bit of firestarter.

Even if you have the greatest PSK in the world, or the most expensive GPS, you will be at risk if your clothing is inadequate.

See ya! wink

More coming tonight - 02/29/08 11:56 PM

Now I am starting to feel like the guy in the e-mail mad About 8 MORE inches coming tonight

Oh yeah it did get up to a balmy 17 F today.

Blitz

Posted by: REDDOG79

Re: More coming tonight - 03/01/08 03:40 AM

Blitz,
There is a reason i now live in Tennessee. we had about a half inch of snow this week all we have had in the year i have been here. I grew up in Maine so I know about the dreaded white stuff. I prefer here better than there anyday. Then again I don't think you can pay me enough to live in Massachusetts anyway.

Kirby