Lunar Eclipse

Posted by: Blitz

Lunar Eclipse - 02/21/08 12:46 AM

I know you're all gonna miss me but I have to log out now to go watch it.

Starting 8:43pm EST to 10:52pm EST.

Lunar Eclipse

See ya,

Blitz
Posted by: Comanche7

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/21/08 01:26 AM

9:45 PM EST
Currently in Miami, FL...only glimpses between the clouds. Keeping up hope to have full view as things progress.
Comanche7

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/21/08 01:50 AM

Now it's starting to turn red, cool.
Posted by: Susan

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/21/08 01:55 AM

Almost totally covered by the shadow here in WA. Lovely!

My brother said it's the first one he's ever seen, as he worked nights most of his life.

Sue

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/21/08 02:15 AM

Almost 80% red up here now.
Posted by: climberslacker

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/21/08 02:36 AM

7:36 PST SAn Diego, too many clouds and too much light polution to the east
Posted by: CANOEDOGS

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/21/08 02:49 AM

very good views in Minneapolis--cold at 1F below zero and
crystal clear sky..

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/21/08 02:54 AM

Shot fired and a hit on the satellite according to initial reports.

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/21/08 03:10 AM

Just about full red now.
Posted by: Blast

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/21/08 04:04 AM

Pouring rain and huge thunderstroms here. cry I really wanted my daughters to see this.

-Blast
Posted by: BobS

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/21/08 04:26 AM

It was a great view, clear sky and a very cold one. It is 4 outside tonight. I looked at it a few min, then went in and checked it out from the upstairs bedroom window where it is a nice 72.
Posted by: SwampDonkey

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/21/08 05:49 AM

I was on the road traveling most of the night so I got to see the whole show, very neat, first red one I can remember. It is
- 22*c here and lots of snow, the full moon seemed extra bright after the eclipse was over, you could see across all the small lakes and the shadows were very distinct.

Mike
Posted by: katarin

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/21/08 05:58 AM

It was really great from my place. Almost thought the clouds of the morning and early afternoon weren't going to go, but they did.
I had great view from my front door.
I wish more of the people in the nieghborhood had come out to see it though. Oh well thier loss
Posted by: GarlyDog

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/21/08 07:16 AM

Neat through a telescope too. You could observe the shadow creeping across the surface.
Posted by: Comanche7

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/22/08 02:58 AM

As always, enjoyed the show and look forward to the next celestial event that is observable from here.

The clouds finally opened up just about the time of totality, unfortunately there seemed to be some haze or high altitude clouds that remained, slightly diffusing the view through the lower cloud openings (which also subsequently closed up, obliterating most the moon's emergence from the shadow).

Noted that despite living in an urban environment and speaking with friends and neighbors, not many were really even aware of the event, even more sadly, most were rather apathetic towards it, citing more interest in watching the idiot box etc.

Really envy you folks that had cold, clear, dry weather to view it.

Regards,
Comanche7
Posted by: el_diabl0

Re: Lunar Eclipse - 02/22/08 06:06 PM

I had a great view right from the barstool where I was having late dinner/drinks with some friends.