To Doug Ritter

Posted by: Blitz

To Doug Ritter - 01/15/08 12:37 AM

Sir,

I just received your RSK Mk1 and I must say this is the best folding knife I have ever held in my hand. Wow. Lightweight, sharp, versatile, strong, just amazing. Can't wait to use it in the field.

Thank you very much.

Yours Truly,

Blitz
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: To Doug Ritter - 01/15/08 02:54 AM

Glad you like it. Oh wait, I'm not him. But I am glad anyway...
Posted by: KenK

Re: To Doug Ritter - 01/15/08 03:17 PM

Now, picture the Mk1 with a slightly longer and thicker fixed blade* with the same great steel and a beautiful G10 handle and you've got the Mk3. Whats even nicer is that the Mk3 is only 1.88 oz heavier than the Mk1!

You might want to start saving for the Mk3 now. It is phenominal!

Blade length: 3.44" vs 4.5"
Blade thickness: 0.115" vs 0.140"
Weight: 3.82 oz vs 5.7 oz
Posted by: Susan

Re: To Doug Ritter - 01/16/08 02:32 AM

"You might want to start saving for the Mk3 now. It is phenominal!"

Advice: You might be stuck: if you don't marry GF#1, she won't get you the MK3. So you'll probably need to start looking for GF#2.

Isn't Real Life a PITA?

Sue
Posted by: Dan_McI

Re: To Doug Ritter - 01/16/08 02:16 PM

If he asks the current GF to marry him, will she thereafter humor him and his desire to have more knives? Or will she think that he can live without a Mk3, because she needs a new ___ (whatever).

However, if he finds a new GF and hindes from her his collection of knives and penchant for evermore, then maybe he can convince her to buy him a Mk3.

I'd take my chances on the one woman who already bought him a knife. The next woman could be someone who asks why he needs a weapon like that and who he wants to go stab.

Re: To Doug Ritter - 01/17/08 12:01 AM

Yeah Ken I want one of those too. (drool)

Re: To Doug Ritter - 01/17/08 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Susan
"You might want to start saving for the Mk3 now. It is phenominal!"

Advice: You might be stuck: if you don't marry GF#1, she won't get you the MK3. So you'll probably need to start looking for GF#2.

Isn't Real Life a PITA?

Sue

Wait a sec Sue, I'm confused. Are you saying Ken has two girlfriends? Or are you talking about OBG? I thought he was married? Or is it that OBG has two girlfriends and a wife? I don't get it.

Blitz

Re: To Doug Ritter - 01/17/08 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Dan_McI
If he asks the current GF to marry him, will she thereafter humor him and his desire to have more knives? Or will she think that he can live without a Mk3, because she needs a new ___ (whatever).

However, if he finds a new GF and hindes from her his collection of knives and penchant for evermore, then maybe he can convince her to buy him a Mk3.

I'd take my chances on the one woman who already bought him a knife. The next woman could be someone who asks why he needs a weapon like that and who he wants to go stab.

Again some confusion here, I thought OBG was already married? Or is OBG Doug? confused

Anyway, who is going to buy me the MK3? grin
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: To Doug Ritter - 01/17/08 10:52 AM

Blitz,

Thanks very much for your compliments.

Re: To Doug Ritter - 01/18/08 12:45 AM

Doug,

Thank you Sir,

Not only for this awesome knife, but for this forum, the ETS foundation as well as sharing your wealth of knowledge with all of us, the reviews and information you provide are invaluable.

The only thing is now I think I must have the MK3. My gear addiction lives.

Best Regards,

Blitz

Posted by: KenK

Re: To Doug Ritter - 01/18/08 04:46 PM

I knew I married the right women when she completely surprized me on last year's Father's Day with an Mk4 Gentleman's Knife.

Any woman who marries a gearaholic like me has got to be incredibly patient and have a good sense of humor.

"Hi, My name is Ken and I'm a gearaholic"