WOO HOO!!! I got one!!

Posted by: Blitz

WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/14/08 08:27 PM

A Doug Ritter RSK Mk1!! My oh so wonderful girlfriend gave me one for our anniversary!! Wow this thing is sharp too, shouldn't be long before I cut myself real good. eek

Happy as a pig in *@#$!!

Blitz

P.S.

GO PATRIOTS!!!
Posted by: Taurus

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/14/08 08:43 PM

Good for you Blitz. My Cold steel ultimate hunter is in the mail. OH the damage I will do with that when it finally gets here. AH HA HA HA HA HA !! laugh

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/14/08 08:56 PM

That great Taurus. Enjoy!! I so love knives. grin
Posted by: Blast

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/14/08 09:07 PM

Blitz,

So, have you proposed to her yet? grin

-Blast

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/14/08 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Blast
Blitz,

So, have you proposed to her yet? grin

-Blast

Ummm, errr, ummm... eek grin

Posted by: Art_in_FL

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/14/08 11:24 PM

Blitz - "Wow this thing is sharp too, shouldn't be long before I cut myself real good."

It won't do any good to try avoiding it. You might as well lay a finger open with it now and get it over with under favorable conditions. You know deep down you really want to.

Have the dear wife or girlfriend, both if your really brave, standing by with a towel, betadine and the sewing kit.

Once you have that out of your system you can get back to work.

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/15/08 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Art_in_FL
Blitz - "Wow this thing is sharp too, shouldn't be long before I cut myself real good."

It won't do any good to try avoiding it. You might as well lay a finger open with it now and get it over with under favorable conditions. You know deep down you really want to.

Have the dear wife or girlfriend, both if your really brave, standing by with a towel, betadine and the sewing kit.

Once you have that out of your system you can get back to work.

Art, you are absolutely correct, I don't consider a blade my own unless it has a little bit of my blood on it. Better to do it under a controlled circumstance. Thanks. Gonna go take care of that now.

Blitz
Posted by: LED

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/15/08 06:10 AM

Those things are blood thirsty I tell ya. I feed mine about a year ago, seems to have a taste for fingertips.
Posted by: JIM

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/15/08 09:50 AM

Blitz, congrats on the MK1

Better get a good FAK to...

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/15/08 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: LED
Those things are blood thirsty I tell ya. I feed mine about a year ago, seems to have a taste for fingertips.

Yup, got bit by it last night, now I have a nice flap of skin hanging off my finger. Well, that didn't take long but at least its officially christened now.

Yeah this thing is sharp.

Bleeding in MA

Blitz
Posted by: Leigh_Ratcliffe

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/15/08 10:11 PM

A knife does not know it's master.
Untill it has tasted him....

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/15/08 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Leigh_Ratcliffe
A knife does not know it's master.
Untill it has tasted him....

Nice, I like that.
Posted by: BillLiptak

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/16/08 02:18 PM

Its funny, I felt the same way when my wife got me a buck/strider 880 spearpoint for my b-day.....glad to see there are others who are complete knife knuts out there :))
Posted by: Art_in_FL

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/16/08 09:19 PM

A carpenter I worked with once told me, joking I hope, that he wouldn't know how good his new hammer was until he pounded his thumb with it.

Whatever it takes for the boys to 'bond' with their tools I guess.

Finding out what happens when things go out of control can eliminate the mystery and unfounded fear.

A friend wouldn't drive when it was wet. A problem in a location where much of the year it rains nearly every day. She feared losing control in a skid. I took her out onto a huge parking lot during a heavy rain and had her skid my car on purpose. Inside thirty minutes she was doing four-wheel drifts and 'bootlegger' turns. Once she had seen that, in and of itself, a skid wasn't the end of the world and that they could be anticipated, avoided and managed, even enjoyed, she was far more willing to drive when it was wet.

IMO she was also a much better driver.

Cutting yourself with a knife lets you know that you can endure and survive simple mistakes and allows a lot less fear and hesitation during use. I don't think you need to try every knife, a scalpel feels a lot like a box-cutter with a new blade, but if that is what it takes to know that if you slip a bit your unlikely to die then that is what it takes.
Posted by: udtjim

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/17/08 11:51 AM

I also have the CS Ultimate hunter.
Posted by: Blast

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/17/08 03:36 PM

udtjim,

Hey, welcome to the fire newguy!

-Blast
Posted by: TheSock

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/19/08 07:18 PM

Is the RSK in M2 steel a better knife?
The Sock

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/19/08 08:13 PM

Sock,

No. grin

Blitz

Re: WOO HOO!!! I got one!! - 01/19/08 08:19 PM

Sock,

I was just kidding around with may last reply. Not being a knife steel expert I don't feel qualified to answer your question but from what I have heard and read they are both pretty good. M2 isn't stainless though, that may be a problem for some people. JMO. But really I think the point is mute because that are sold out at the moment.

Good question and welcome to the forum.

Blitz