Was Santa good to everyone?

Posted by: Blitz

Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/29/07 07:46 PM

Curious to hear what everybody got.

Yup I got more coal. mad

He did leave me some brownies as well though, I'll have to have my DGF try them first. grin
Posted by: Themalemutekid

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/29/07 08:03 PM

Santa was pretty good to me this year besides some cash, I also got a Casio Pathfinder watch & a Dual action sander ( DeWalt ). I also got a few things from countycomm for myself.

Posted by: JIM

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/29/07 08:15 PM

I got a Ipod Nano for christmas and some tickets for the lotery grin (If I win something, you'll get a MK1 from me Blitz grin)

Not exactly preparedness-items, but ow well...
Posted by: frenchy

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/29/07 08:59 PM

Well, well, well,.... I can't say I was not spoiled :
- a whole bunch of KIFARU gear (Marauder + duffel + pockets + woobie);
- a few cooking accessories, including a dehydrator ;
- a Zeiss monocular is on its way (almost ... if I can wait a bit - a few months - I'll say it's for my birthday ....) ;

Now, if I could just get rid of that cold (4th week...) within a week and lose a few (ahem...) pounds during 2008's first semester, I'll be really very very happy.

grin grin grin
Posted by: samhain

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/29/07 09:32 PM

Mrs Claus was very nice to me.

I got the larger hex-fly for my Hennessy Hammock and the 2 Shemaghs that I wanted.

Mostly I got to be off on Christmas morning so that I could be with my DW and DD.

Posted by: NeighborBill

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/29/07 10:44 PM

Hmmm...I got a (albeit warm) sweater and some slippers. I bought myself a Mr. Heater Big Buddy, the 20lb tank adapter hose, 24 1lb bottles of propane, and multiple checks from insurance company to cover the damage to my garage done during the ice storm.

DW and DDs pretty got everything they've hinted about over the year, including new PC for DDs, custom perfume for DW, etc, etc, ad nauseum, ad boredom....

Anyhow, I'm happy. Insurance is covering the interior of the garage, which I hadn't planned on fixing, and remainder of checks is being used to pay off some credit cards and buy a new LCD HDTV.

smile
Posted by: Blitz

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/29/07 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: JIM
I got a Ipod Nano for christmas and some tickets for the lotery grin (If I win something, you'll get a MK1 from me Blitz grin)

Not exactly preparedness-items, but ow well...

U DA MAN. I hope you win!! laugh

Thank you my friend.
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/29/07 11:23 PM

Well, since my wife and I pretty much get what we want all year long, as long as we can afford it, we don't go nutso for Christmas, birthdays, etc. I ordered a couple of DVD's we had been wanting from Amazon (cheaper than Wallyworld), and sometime in Jan we will take a two or three day overnight trip to someplace we want to visit. Kids got the usual, we got the bills...
Posted by: frostbite

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/29/07 11:29 PM

A steripen, and a waterproof compression sack for my sleeping bag, a sheperds watch, and season one of the x-files among other things. A very tight schedule kept us from visiting as much as we wanted though.
Posted by: MoBOB

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/29/07 11:40 PM

It wasn't exactly a "preparedness" theme for me..

1) A deep fat fryer
2) A pink Sharper Image chef's knife (DD's BF thought it was funny)
3) A green Sharper Image chef's knife
3) A salt and pepper grinder set
4) Two shirts

Birthday (day after)
1) A nice picture from DD
2) A slick watch from DW

Yes...I like cooking...

Best of all...Wife, daughter, and son were all there...It was great!!

Posted by: REDDOG79

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/30/07 02:20 AM

Well I receeved via Christmas and my Birthday (28th)

Doug Ritter RSK Mk 1 with black blade plain edge

A K&M Matchcase Red Aluminum version

Guarddog watch

2 pocket diamond stones
heres the page, you will have to scroll down to see it it's the 3 inch pocket stone

a 100$ gift card to sportsman's warehouse (to buy some holsters for my guns)

and my girlfriend has promised to set aside the money for me to take a concealed weapons class and to pay for the licensing and permit fees

I also received Cody Lundin's new book and with another gift card i bought a Rock River AA LED lantern

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/30/07 02:31 AM

"...my girlfriend has promised to set aside the money for me to take a concealed weapons class and to pay for the licensing and permit fees..."

Marry her!!!
Posted by: JCWohlschlag

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/30/07 02:54 AM

I got a Leatherman Kick that has been in my pocket since I got the package open… an endeavor that inspired this thread. At first, I found the humor in the irony of having to use a pocketknife to open the clamshell blister pack containing a pocketknife. 45 minutes later, it wasn’t so [censored] funny anymore.
Posted by: Blast

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/30/07 03:15 AM

I got a long-handled titanium spoon for backpacking, a book about Teddy Roosevelt's trip to the Amazon, a $15 iTunes gift card, and roof racks for our Honda Pilot. smile

-Blast
Posted by: ironraven

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/30/07 03:25 AM

A Petzl Tikka, a bunch of books (of which the only ones that really are relevant here are a knots book, one on salvaging seeds from crops, and World War Z, which is suprisingly good; the others include the last of Piper's THF for my collection- yoot!), and socks.

Smartwool socks.
Posted by: 91gdub

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/30/07 12:07 PM

My grandsons gave me a medium Alice pack (through many hints to my Darling Bride) that I've wanted for quite a while now.

Also got BOTH sock and underwear! I must have really behaved myself this year; most years it's either or not both.

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/30/07 09:58 PM

she says the same thing OBG we are plannning on getting married in May
Posted by: Stu

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/30/07 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: REDDOG79
she says the same thing OBG we are plannning on getting married in May

Well, Congrats! grin
Posted by: Stu

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/30/07 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Blast
I got a long-handled titanium spoon for backpacking,
-Blast

What, no explosives??? grin

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/30/07 11:38 PM

Good move! You gonna make her sign a prenup, so she can't get all of your gear if you split the sheets later on???
Posted by: KenK

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/31/07 02:41 AM

Lets see ...

-Alps Mountaineering Taurus Outfitter 5-person tent - a great colder weather tent

-Craftsman 10-inch Sliding Miter Saw w/ laser

-Keystone Freedom Lite Travel Trailer - joint gift between myself and DW - we got tired of the popup trailer

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/31/07 02:46 AM

I have been with her for almost seven years now so most of what i have we got together and she really doesn't have much use for any of my preparedness items anyway.

She just got her divorce finalized about 6 months ago anyway.

I am not too worried about us splitting up anyway she's about the only person that can put up with me most of the time

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/31/07 03:17 AM

Hope your Craftsmans lazer is on. I currently have access to a Craftsman lazer radial arm saw, and the lazer is off about 1/8". No one knows where the manual is, or how to adjust it. Web request for help, zip.

Enjoy the trailer....

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/31/07 03:19 AM

You sound like us. We were platonic friends for ten years before I finally got fed up with my ex and we split. The GOOD wife and I have been together for ten years now, married for eight, and are yet to have an argument. Marrying your best friend seems to be the way to go...
Posted by: Kris

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/31/07 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
Marrying your best friend seems to be the way to go...

I have to agree with you OBG. Knowing my wife as my best friend for around 14 years (she knows the exact length - I think i'm close with the 14 year mark), then 2-3 years together/married.

Having your best friend as your spouse can't be beat. Been through a tonne of crap with each other as friends and she still wanted to be friends afterwards. Says something about someone.
Posted by: airballrad

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 12/31/07 08:29 PM

Got DW and newly minted DD home from the hospital in time for Christmas, so that was the big one. smile

I was told that this would not be a prep-friendly Christmas, but I still ended up with a couple of fun books (Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z) and $100 toward new fishing equipment, so not a total loss. cool
Posted by: LumpyJaw

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 01/02/08 10:41 PM

Santa was "prepared" for me this year.

Maxpedition Jumbo S-Type Versipack,
Redi-Edge Tactical Knife Sharpener
and thanks to the DW, I now have the
"Worst Case Scenario" board game. I'm not sure what I'll gain from the game, but at least DW is thinking preparedness.

Happy New Year from the Shenandoah Valley.

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 01/03/08 12:52 AM

Quote:
Got DW and newly minted DD home from the hospital in time for Christmas, so that was the big one.

Hey that's great! Is this your first child or just first DD? Either way, you are in for a lot of fun!

-Blast
Posted by: JIM

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 01/03/08 08:49 AM

Didn't win anything in the lotery, sorry Blitz.. seems like you've gotta save up all your money for that mk1 wink
Posted by: Greg_Sackett

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 01/03/08 05:55 PM

Wife got me a RSK Mk4! I must say I was surprised. I had shown it to her once in an Aeromedix catalog and I guess she was paying attention.

Greg
Posted by: KenK

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 01/03/08 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
Hope your Craftsmans lazer is on. I currently have access to a Craftsman lazer radial arm saw, and the lazer is off about 1/8". No one knows where the manual is, or how to adjust it. Web request for help, zip.

Enjoy the trailer....

When I get a chance I'll PM you with whatever instructions my new saw provides. Right now I'm staying the night near Asheville, NC. Lots warmer here than Chicago area!
Posted by: MoBOB

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 01/04/08 10:58 PM

Forgot about the weather station...
Posted by: picard120

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 01/06/08 01:41 AM

NO. I got a lump of coal. I didn't receive anything in the stocking.

pffft. frown cry cry
Posted by: Onedzguy

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 01/06/08 10:31 AM

I don't know. I didn't the "Coal Replacement."

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 01/06/08 11:37 AM

I'd treal coal as a useful survival item...hard to get started, but MAN! Nothing like a dead dinosaur to keep you warm smile
Posted by: BillLiptak

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 01/10/08 06:21 PM

Little late, but the other fat guy took real good care of me laugh

Maxpedition Colossus shoulder bag
Spec-Ops writing tablet pocket organizer
Fisher military space pen
Two 3x5 Rite-in-the Rain tablets
Glo-Toob light (deluxe pak w/3 caps)
SAK swiss champ
Folding stove w/4 cans eco fuel
Deck of "survival" playing cards
100 dollar gift card at clothing store
DR PSK
And finally plastic dog poop.....

-Bill Liptak

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 01/10/08 09:54 PM

Hey newguy Bill, welcome to the fire!

Uh, plastic dog poop?

-Blast

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 01/10/08 10:31 PM

Think of the plastic dog poop as a feline deterrent and you'll be on the right track wink
Posted by: BillLiptak

Re: Was Santa good to everyone? - 01/11/08 02:31 AM

Well, without going into embarassing details let's just say the word "poop" has become our code for "I love you"
So by giving me the dog poop shaped chew toy she managed to confuse and horrify my mon and sister in law, totally crack up me, my brother, 2 nieces and nephew (cause we all know little kids and grown men find the word "poop" funny) and tell me that she loves me.
The look on her face when I opened the wrapper was priceless, I will cherish that memory forever.
Of all my gifts, the poop was the most useless......and my favorite

-Bill Liptak