So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1?

Posted by: Blitz

So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/21/07 05:07 PM

Just curious.
Posted by: Russ

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/21/07 05:15 PM

One user, one numbered, two in M-2 steel.
Posted by: climberslacker

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/21/07 05:17 PM

I wish!! To much tho, maybe if he got them to only cost like less than 100 dolalr I would by one (i wish!!!!!!) of course if it didn;t sacrifice quality (yeah right)
Posted by: JIM

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/21/07 06:58 PM

I've got the Benchmade Griptillian, wich is basically the 'original' edition of the MK1. I like it very much.

(The mini doesn't fit very well in my hand)
Posted by: Ors

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/21/07 07:27 PM

First one was a mini yellow, then came the mini M2. Next was a full size M2. Now I'm looking at another one, but can't decide if I want plain edge or partially serrated.

Just got a Mk4 a while ago...haven't carried it yet though...want a Mk3 at some point as well...

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/21/07 08:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I want to get one soon but the season kinda wiped me out plus I have new car payment now (ouch) Can't buy the goodies like I used to.

Anyway there were no takers for my other thread I posted today so I guess I'll have to start saving.
Posted by: frenchy

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/21/07 08:13 PM

first 1 x Mk1 ;
then a mini ;
lost this one, so bought a second mini ;

The full size was a bit too big for EDC (I mean people -coworkers or customers - made too big eyes when I used it ...), so came the mini.
The full size is now used only when hiking.
Posted by: KenK

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/22/07 12:49 AM

First a fullsize Mk1;
then a mini - black handle - its my EDC
then a fullsize M2 Mk1 - it is the closest I have to a collectable.
then a fixed blade Mk3
then last Father's Day my wife surprized me with an Mk4 Gentleman's Knife. She finally understands me!

I really like them all. The mini gets used the most since it is my EDC, then the Mk3 gets the next most use while camping even though the fullsize Mk1 gets carried while camping. I really really like the Mk3, though I still don't know what all those attachment poins on the back of the sheath are for. :-}

I have an order in for the orange Mk3 handle slabs - that would be real nice when/if they come available.

Ken K.
Posted by: Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/22/07 01:35 AM

Full size and Mini!

I like Griptilians in general, but these are the Grip' taken to their top level!

Posted by: Stretch

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/22/07 06:20 PM

Does wanting one count?
Posted by: Themalemutekid

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/23/07 12:33 AM

Yeah...I want one too!! smile
Posted by: Stretch

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/23/07 02:21 AM

To be honest, I only have a hankering for the RSK Fixed Blade. Doug will have to do something about the "plasticky" feeling of the scales (upgrade to better ones) before I hanker to invest in an Mk1 folder.
Posted by: Herman30

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/23/07 04:40 PM

I have one.

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/23/07 05:16 PM

How do you like it? Worth the $?

Thanks

Blitz
Posted by: Herman30

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/23/07 08:20 PM

blush Havenīt used it much, just cut up cardboard boxes with it.
Otherwise itīs part in my edc-bag. So I canīt tell you if itīs worth the money. But I like it, I donīt regret buying it.
Posted by: Alan_Romania

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/23/07 08:22 PM

I have a Mk1, Mk1 Mini, Mk3 and a Mk4 and I carry one of the three folders everyday. Typically I carry my Mk1 Mini as my EDC knife around town and at work saving the full size Mk1 as my field knife and the Mk4 as my "dress clothes" knife.

I have done some pretty mean things to all my RSKs (besides the Mk4... it is just too pretty to beat on) including things you shouldn't use a knife for (like prying and popping doors) and have yet to have a problem with them. Besides some specialty knives (Gerber Hinderer and Bladetech Responder) and multi-tools Doug's knifes are all that I carry.

Are they worth the money, absolutely! As with any tool you get what you pay for, with the Mk1 I think you get more then what you pay for, a S30V blade that stays sharp, a lightweight but stiff handle along with a rock solid locking system. Considering how often I see cheaper knifes broken by the user and thus needing replacement... in the end buy one RSK will probably cost less money in theend.

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/24/07 03:11 AM

Thank Alan. That'a what I'm looking for>
Posted by: REDDOG79

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/25/07 12:19 AM

I have one now thanks to Christmas and Santa Claus

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/25/07 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: REDDOG79
I have one now thanks to Christmas and Santa Claus

Awesome. I'm happy (jealous?) for you.

Merry Christmas!
Posted by: marduk

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/26/07 02:01 AM

I have both a MK1 and mini MK1. The mini is my usual EDC. I gave my DW and DD pink Griptilians from Redflare (if having the right color improves their carry rate - who am I to argue)
Posted by: Reddave

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 12/30/07 05:35 PM

owner of a MK1 but refining my skills on a BM551 as i wouldnt want to break it doing something reckless ( again) however I would like a replacement for the handles as the mini-rukus sits nicely in my hand and i'm sure the ritter could benefit from this upgrade
Posted by: Brangdon

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 01/01/08 10:11 PM

I have MK1 and the mini. Neither gets used as neither is legal every-day carry here in the UK.
Posted by: KenK

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 01/02/08 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Brangdon
I have MK1 and the mini. Neither gets used as neither is legal every-day carry here in the UK.

Because they lock?
Posted by: Brangdon

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 01/06/08 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: KenK
Because they lock?
Yep.
Posted by: RobertRogers

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 01/06/08 09:57 PM

Yeah, I prefer a fixed too.
Posted by: aztecb

Re: So who here has the Doug Ritter RSK Mk1? - 01/08/08 02:43 AM

I have the Ritter RSK MK1. I bought two and gave one away to my pastor. I carry it with me everywhere I go. I use it everyday.
after awhile you just reach for it to use without a conscience thought.