eyes get more dry in the winter?

Posted by: picard120

eyes get more dry in the winter? - 12/16/07 05:38 AM

Do your eyes get more dry in the winter than warmer season?

I am just curious about this subject since my eyes might have that problem.
Posted by: wildman800

Re: eyes get more dry in the winter? - 12/16/07 01:56 PM

My eyes are wetter during the winter.

That said, it's time to go see an Optometrist since dry eyes also occur, with some people such as myself, as a natural occurrance of the aging process.

Per my Optometrist, I now keep visine in my FAK for those times that my eyes need additional moisture.
Posted by: Frankie

Re: eyes get more dry in the winter? - 12/16/07 04:31 PM

When it's very cold outside and I just went out, my eyes water a lot and I have to wipe them out, than after that it goes back to normal.

But when it's very windy and cold, with snow powder as today, I wear motorcyclist type of compact goggles that seals around the eyes but not completely or else it will fog. I'm looking for old fashion Swiss (Cébé brand) army glacier goggles to try them out.

Once I faced a strong cold head wind and my eyes suffered the most and I got a cold just after that, as if the wind penetrated my head and weakened my body, or something like that. Wearing a winter cap or a wool beret and facing down against the wind might be a good method. A snorkel hood with coyote fur trim is very efficient but it affects my peripheral vision and it's too dangerous especially around the city and the drivers are crazy and not at all courteous towards pedestrians here.

Other than that, I didn't notice dry eyes during winter.

Frankie