New to the site

Posted by: M_Easy

New to the site - 10/08/07 11:21 PM

Evening, Ladies and Gents.. I couldn't find a 'noob' section in which to post, so mods please correct me and move this thread if it's in the wrong place.

Anyhoo, let's see, I've always been interested in survivalism, more so recently. Typically, I'm the prepared one in whatever group I'm in, but I always think I'm not prepared enough. Paranoia, you say? whistle So here I am, plan on learning a lot from this site, and hopefully I'll have a little something to contribute as well. Oh, I'm in MD. laugh
Posted by: Blast

Re: New to the site - 10/09/07 12:16 AM

M_Easy,

Welcome to the fire!

-Blast
Posted by: leemann

Re: New to the site - 10/09/07 01:25 AM

Welcome sir we have a nice bunch here.
Enjoy

Lee
Posted by: MDinana

Re: New to the site - 10/09/07 01:45 AM

welcome!
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: New to the site - 10/09/07 02:17 AM

Welcome Newguy...
Posted by: Nicodemus

Re: New to the site - 10/09/07 04:43 AM

Welcome Aboard!
Posted by: benjammin

Re: New to the site - 10/09/07 11:34 AM

Welcome to the site.

Survivalism isn't a term I would use to describe the nature of this forum, but you will find a lot of useful information and ideas about survival issues and aspects here. Feel free to contribute. Sometimes we spawn political discussions, but as long as you are germaine, respectful, and not too antagonistic you should do fine. You will find a pretty big knowledge pool of information here, and lots of folks with lots of experience and insight. Hope you enjoy and look forward to hearing from you.

Posted by: Farmer

Re: New to the site - 10/09/07 11:48 AM

Welcome aboard!

Set aside some time for some serious reading. Set aside a LOT of time. Then start saving your milk money, because you're going to see a LOT of things you're going to want to get discussed here.

I look at the site as a "preparedness" site rather than a "survivalist" site.

For me, being prepared means that when the power goes out for a while I'll be drinking my coffee, staying warm and eating well rather than freezing, looking for a hotel and trying to decide which end of the carpenter ant it was that was edible.

Enjoy yourself!
Posted by: M_Easy

Re: New to the site - 10/09/07 01:20 PM

Thanks, all. True, preparedness is most definitely a better word. Like I said, I never feel prepared enough, and I've already gotten a few gems from this site. I've lurked around the site a little bit (and a couple of others) trying to decide which I wanted to join, and this one won by a landslide lol. Thanks again, see you all around.
Posted by: kmat

Re: New to the site - 10/09/07 02:40 PM

M_Easy,

Welcome to the site.
kmat
Posted by: Blitz

Re: New to the site - 10/09/07 03:40 PM

Welcome.

Be warned that this site is VERY addictive. I try to limit myself to only lunchtime but its not working.

Blitz
Posted by: JCWohlschlag

Re: New to the site - 10/09/07 03:45 PM

Welcome to the forums. If you haven’t done so already, I highly recommend reading through all of Doug’s writings in the main sections of the Equipped to Survive home page. It is definitely one of the most well-compiled collections of information that exists on disaster preparedness.
Posted by: teacher

Re: New to the site - 10/09/07 03:46 PM

Welcome,

You might find that reading ( and posting) here helps you plan and therefore relax. Most of the things that I plan for are booring and everyday; band-aid fixes.

Teacher
Posted by: thechaplain

Re: New to the site - 10/09/07 06:32 PM

M_Easy, welcome to the site.
thechaplain