kershaw vapor folding knife

Posted by: joaquin39

kershaw vapor folding knife - 10/04/07 02:36 PM

I bought a Kershaw Vapor folding knife for under 20 bucks in WalMart. It is sharp. The stud to open it with one hand was kind of tricky at the beginning but I found out how to do it and now it is fine. I have it for a couple months now and I don't have to sharpen it yet. It came very sharp from the factory. the 3" blade is made of AUS6 steel and the handles are stainles steel. A removable pocket clip is provided. It is designed by Ken Onion for Kershaw. I think is a good investment and I am very happy with it. Probably I can spend a lot more money for a better knife, but for my daily use it is good enough, and if I loose it or brake it it is not a great loss.
Posted by: AROTC

Re: kershaw vapor folding knife - 10/04/07 04:02 PM

I bought one of these for my mom a few years back. She really liked it and used it a lot until she lost it. I'm not a huge fan of liner locks, but its a very good knife.
Posted by: dchinell

Re: kershaw vapor folding knife - 10/04/07 06:52 PM

I agree that it seems to be a good value. In addition, it's small enough to fit in most of the containers I use for PSKs. I bought two, and I'm a satisfied customer.

Bear
Posted by: thseng

Re: kershaw vapor folding knife - 10/04/07 07:02 PM

Originally posted here , I said:

Quote:
I EDC one. I also bought it at stuffmart. Actually, I'm on my second one - I lost the first one but didn't have to cry about it because it was only $20.

I chose it mainly because it was in my price range and it has a good blade profile for "survival" use - fairly stout and not too pointy.

They are made in Worker's Paradise, so I suggest you ask the guy behind the counter to take out several of them and look them over carefully, choosing the best one. My first one had a very slight warp to the blade that I didn't notice right away and my current has a slightly marginal fit between the blade and the stop pin that may eventually cause some trouble after a lot of wear.

I use and abuse mine every day with no worries about dinging a $150 collector's item. Now if someone GAVE me a Mini-RSK...

UPDATE: After losing and replacing my first one, my wife found it later. I said "thanks" and held out my hand but she kept it instead...