How many Mk3 Owners?

Posted by: KenK

How many Mk3 Owners? - 09/30/07 02:25 PM

I'm just curious how many of the ETS forum readers have purchased the RSK Mk3 fixed blade knife. If you have, please reply.

Also, have any of you Mk3 owner signed up for the orange handle slabs at aeromedix.com? I'm excited about them, but as I understand they won't become a reality unless there are enough buyers. Sigh.
Posted by: Russ

Re: How many Mk3 Owners? - 09/30/07 02:40 PM

Got one in my RSK collection. Never carry it, the sheath just isn't right.
Posted by: Stretch

Re: How many Mk3 Owners? - 09/30/07 04:35 PM

Send it to me RAS. I'll make one out of leather for you.
Posted by: jamesraykenney

Re: How many Mk3 Owners? - 09/30/07 06:16 PM

Yes, to both questions...

I kinda want to get another for a 'user', as I hate to mess up my s/n one too badly... grin
Posted by: stevez

Re: How many Mk3 Owners? - 09/30/07 06:52 PM

I've got the Mk1, mini Mk1 and Mk3 all with matching serial numbers. They are all unused. A collector's set if you will. I've also got a mini Mk1 that I use for EDC and a Mk1 that goes with me when I go into the hills. Great knives.
Posted by: gryps

Re: How many Mk3 Owners? - 10/01/07 01:12 AM

I have a serialized MK3.
Posted by: BigToe

Re: How many Mk3 Owners? - 01/05/08 03:10 AM

I've just received my RSK Mk3 fixed blade and a MINI RSK Mk1 folder - holiday presents from my very understanding wife. I am thrilled with the workmanship, fit and utility.

The folder is very nice and will be my EDC, replacing a dinky SAK keychain. I am impressed by the look and smooth action right out of the box.

The Mk3 is going in my survival carry kit which I carry in my day pack or regular backpack depending on the hike. The sheath has more attachment options than I can understand! Does anyone know what all the attachment options are for, or is there a link to an explanation?

As well, we ordered the five pack of the Pocket Survival Pak, for my and my wife's and son's cars (and any hikes), plus one for my survival carry kit.

Just before the holidays, I got the Prepared To Survive DVD from my library. I highly recommend it. It reinforced much of what I knew, and introduced some new learnings. The DVD convinced me to examine my knife selection and lead me to get a better EDC and a good fixed blade for potential survival situations.

The take home message from the DVD for me was "a knife and a survival kit is only good if you have it with you". No brainer advice, but guess what - I wasn't following it. A good EDC and an easily carry-able survival kit just makes sense.
Posted by: Stretch

Re: How many Mk3 Owners? - 01/05/08 05:26 AM

I really like the Mk3 and plan to order one someday. In my opinion, it's worth double the price of the BM Griptilian FB.
Posted by: BigToe

Re: How many Mk3 Owners? - 01/05/08 06:39 PM

It seems like a great knife. I'm 52 and have only had two other quality fixed blades - a Buck Fisherman from the 1970s that still looks like it just came out of the box (after a lot of use), and a military U.S.N. PAL Mark I (WWII era). The Fisherman is purpose built for fishing and not suitable as a survival knife, so my only comparison is the Mark I. I figured I was ready for an upgrade!

I'm new to this forum but have been on the main site many times and found it to be invaluable. Thanks to all who posted and helped me select gear, and to Doug for his labor of love on the Equipped site.
Posted by: sicily02

Re: How many Mk3 Owners? - 01/05/08 10:52 PM

Hi everyone I bought one one year ago this month I have it attached to a Nalgene Water bottle. The sheath is sewed on the the bottle pouch. It is a wonderful knife. Great slicer. It sharpens to wickedly sharp edge. Heres a pic of it and my kit that I carry.

Here is a pic of the mk3 being battoned.

Here is a kitchen pic.

I would love to get the orange scales I am surprised that they did not come that way. Orange is a lot easyer to see than black. I have two Bark rivers with the orange handles a they are great for keeping track of your knife.
Last time I looked the orange scales were 60 dollars that sounds kind of high for just orange scales though.
Take care,
Bryan

Re: How many Mk3 Owners? - 01/05/08 10:55 PM

What do you have to do to post pictures here.
Thanks
Bryan
Posted by: Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp

Re: How many Mk3 Owners? - 01/05/08 11:38 PM

Sicily02, your leaving the closing bracket off of the [IMG] at the beginning of each link, that's why they are not showing up.

Re: How many Mk3 Owners? - 01/06/08 12:11 AM

Thanks Bear claw I just did some editing.
Thanks again,
Bryan