woman missing for eight days found trapped in car

Posted by: thechaplain

woman missing for eight days found trapped in car - 09/28/07 02:17 PM

after reading this article woman found alive after eight days I am glad that i keep a psk and a few little bottles of water and trail bars under the seat in the passanger side storage compartment. even had she had these items she still may not have been able to reach them but you never know. I hope this family the best and God speed.
Posted by: xbanker

Re: woman missing for eight days found trapped in car - 09/28/07 04:30 PM

Yet another of the frequent (or so it seems) cases where cell pinging has helped locate someone in dire straits.

My wife is lax about keeping her cell phone charged (usually waits until it emits the low-battery beep) and she rarely has it turned on unless she's making an outbound call. So, everytime a story like this hits the news, I have her read it. She's slowly changing her ways.

Had that been me, would've been SOL ... my Razr's standby battery life doesn't deliver advertised standby times (even making allowances for the "perfect" conditions under which they test). Maybe time to invest in a 1400 mAh high-capacity battery (advertising claims ~500 hours standby).
Posted by: Russ

Re: woman missing for eight days found trapped in - 09/28/07 05:02 PM

I took the Motorola V710 over the then new Razr due to the availability of a fat battery for the V710, about double the normal capacity.