Millbank Bag

Posted by: frediver

Millbank Bag - 07/15/07 03:10 AM

Does anyone know of a U.S. source for these filter bags?
I have tried to make one but I can't find a tight weave canvas, water leaks out as fast as I put it in. If there is no U.S. or Canadian source then possibily a U.K. online source for a new surplus bag? New Millbank kits are pricey, 16-19 pounds I am told surplus bags should be about 5 pounds. Shipping from the U.K. can be spendy as well.
Thanks<><>
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Millbank Bag - 07/15/07 03:20 AM

Sorry, can't help you. In fact, I had to do a google search to find out what you were talking about...
Posted by: akabu

Re: Millbank Bag - 07/15/07 03:38 AM

Try a Asian Supermarket they have differant size bags that are used to boil fish for soup.. No bones
Posted by: big_al

Re: Millbank Bag - 07/15/07 04:51 AM

Try a Desert water bag, Hold water and made of heavy canvas or hemp.

Just went to e-bay lots of them there, and some new military ones.
Posted by: 11BINF

Re: Millbank Bag - 07/15/07 01:51 PM

hey freddiver..this subject was covered about a year or so back...and we could not find a source that soled them here in the U.S...i had gotten my bag when i was in the U.K. at silvermans surplus store,along with other kit...by the way the millbank bag is a water filter bag that helps with getting suspended matter out so you can use tabs etc,it's not a water holding bag... ask one of our British friends for help on this or do like i do and google surplus stores in the U.K. and find one....vince g. 11b inf..
Posted by: Pharaoh

Re: Millbank Bag - 07/15/07 04:49 PM

Hi frediver,

To pick one up cheap visit ebay UK.
This is where I got mine (several sizes) from.
They are regularly offered here, used and new.
Regards,
Pharaoh.