Which QuikClot Product for my FAK?

Posted by: alvacado

Which QuikClot Product for my FAK? - 07/02/07 11:45 PM

The site that I found had a number of QC products. I want to order what ever the correct basic product is for my personal FAK and several other emergency kits. Can someone give me the correct product number or name to order? In addition I understand that the QC is most often used in conjunction with a Israeli Bandage; Any one know about this product?
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: Which QuikClot Product for my FAK? - 07/03/07 12:54 AM

I am packing Celox Hemostatic Granules in my Ultimate Aviator Survival Pak. It seems to be the best of the available options according to my medical consultants and the least likely to create problems.
Posted by: jimtanker

Re: Which QuikClot Product for my FAK? - 07/03/07 01:17 AM

Having used a few of these products before maybe I can comment.

We currently use the Hemcon pad in our FAKs for the army. They work pretty good most of the time. I also have a few QuickClot ACS (Advanced Clotting Sponges) that are super. If you can have just one item, that should be it.

The earlier QuickClot powder that the USMC first used was good but you had to make sure that you didnt breathe any of it in and if the wind was blowing you had to really get into the wound to get it in the right spot. It also wasnt that effective unless you put a bandage on it immediatly because any arterial bleeding would just push it out of the way before it became effective.

Get the ACS!
Posted by: alvacado

Re: Which QuikClot Product for my FAK? - 07/03/07 02:48 AM

Thanks Doug & Jim for your input.