Off the beatin path a little

Posted by: falcon5000

Off the beatin path a little - 05/21/07 04:24 PM

I know it's off the beaten path a little but I guess ole Sylvester Stallone is coming out with his new movie John Rambo (Rambo IV) and the previews like tight. I can see that I'll have to add a 50 cal in my PSK. eek http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/05/19/john-rambo-iv-feature-trailer

Rambo IV
Posted by: JIM

Re: Off the beatin path a little - 05/21/07 04:52 PM

Those film-makers really have nothing better to do, do they... sick
Posted by: falcon5000

Re: Off the beatin path a little - 05/21/07 04:53 PM

I know, he's what in his 60's?
Posted by: gatormba

Re: Off the beatin path a little - 05/21/07 04:56 PM

I guess this explains why he was arrested in Australia carrying all of those human growth hormone injectables.
Posted by: JIM

Re: Off the beatin path a little - 05/21/07 04:57 PM

He's like some survival-rations: expired crazy grin
Posted by: Themalemutekid

Re: Off the beatin path a little - 05/21/07 09:36 PM

If you wanna see a good jungle survival/war movie, look for Rescue Dawn .It's based on a true story that happened to Dieter Dengler a pilot that was shot down during the Vietnam war.It stars Christian Bale, the guy that plays the new Batman.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Off the beatin path a little - 05/22/07 12:28 AM

or for the greatest war movie ever made without a shot being fired; 'THE HILL' (1965) starring Sean Connery.
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Off the beatin path a little - 05/22/07 01:12 AM

I wish that I had been in the condition at 18 that he is at 82 (or whatever age he is). Minus the chemical help of course.

I also wish he could act...
Posted by: benjammin

Re: Off the beatin path a little - 05/22/07 02:35 PM

Oh, I think Stallone's okay when playing his stereotype (Rambo, Rocky, Lords of Flatbush). That stupid singing cowboy thing he did with Dolly Parton was a travesty, and he doesn't do so well with comedy or serious drama. He knows what works for him, and it shows. I wouldn't mind having the money he made from his "failures", would make me independently wealthy.

He's just a businessman after all. It will be interesting to see what the outcome of all those chems has on him. I know lots of geriatrics who wish they could be in his apparent condition.
Posted by: norad45

Re: Off the beatin path a little - 05/22/07 02:49 PM

Demolition Man was pretty funny. I actually wish they'd make a sequel to that if they could do it without screwing it up.
Posted by: Russ

Re: Off the beatin path a little - 05/22/07 02:52 PM

I look at Stallone and while he looks good from a muscle mass POV, he also looks old. No telling what all those chemicals are doing to his kidneys, something has to scrub that crap. I just eat good food (I like my broccoli hot but crispy wink ) don't drink much and I have never smoked. I work out regularly and at my age just set a PB on my leg press. I don't look muscle heavy like Stallone, but the guys in the gym who do are mostly on chemicals.
Posted by: Tom_L

Re: Off the beatin path a little - 05/22/07 03:18 PM

Some guys just don't know when to quit... But at least it goes to show even a 60 y.o. can kick a$$ with a .50 cal. wink

BTW with all due respect I'm not really impressed by the man's physique. It's a lot of show and little go plus way too much steroids. That kind of physique may be "cool" (or not) when you're 25. But Stallone just looks totally spent and all that fake muscle makes it even more of a sorry sight.