A copy of Doug's PSP?

Posted by: Mike_H

A copy of Doug's PSP? - 05/10/07 04:51 PM

I was searching the Internet and came across the following:

http://www.preparedpilot.com/product_inf...0b6d2aa64dc5252

It seems they use Doug's PSP as the basis of it, with the addition of a 1qt Zip Loc baggy and 2 Katadyn Micropur Tablets...
Posted by: jmarkantes

Re: A copy of Doug's PSP? - 05/10/07 05:19 PM

There are a few reviews including the one on top that includes a link to Ritter's kit.
Jason
Posted by: Blast

Re: A copy of Doug's PSP? - 05/10/07 05:55 PM

Mike_H,

Welcome to the fire. You are right, that really does look like a copy of DR's survival kit.

Dumb question: are you a pilot?

-Blast
Posted by: JIM

Re: A copy of Doug's PSP? - 05/10/07 08:16 PM

It's possible to get a company-logo on a PSP right?? Maybe that's what this is and they just added some water-purifying tabs and a ziplock (good addition wink )
Posted by: Mike_H

Re: A copy of Doug's PSP? - 05/11/07 06:27 PM

Thank you for the welcome.

I actually added the review on the product since I wanted people to truly know where the design for that kit came from and for the proper credit to be given. Mind you, the addition of the Zip Loc bag and Micropur was a nice touch to an already outstanding kit.

I was going for my pilot's license, but I never finished up as it started to get a bit pricey and I had a wedding to think of. :-D

I am an Assistant Scout Master however and like a good good scout, I'm always prepared. I found Doug's site to be extremely informative.

Mike H.
Posted by: ironraven

Re: A copy of Doug's PSP? - 05/12/07 02:04 AM

Then good for you. A new guy who is looking out for Doug is already a loyal member, and not so much a new guy. smile