More lists, and other stuff...

Posted by: OldBaldGuy

More lists, and other stuff... - 03/05/07 07:06 PM

A friend just sent me this . I haven't had a chance to really go over it yet, just thought I'd pass it along, for reading on those long cold winter nights...
Posted by: ponder

Re: More lists, and other stuff... - 03/05/07 07:45 PM

30 lists
28.5 lists tainted by political correctness
1 list on a course to success if you personalize it

MY FAVORITES –
1. Extra rubbers for your sling shot (indefinite survival Alaska!)
2. A mouse trap in your carry pack (fanny pack Alaskan)

I envision Jeremiah Johnson hollering, “Snap that one with your new sling shot pilgrim, I’ll go get another one”

Or –

“Hey pilgrim, approach that next trap slow! There is something in it!”

Re: More lists, and other stuff... - 03/05/07 09:18 PM

I warned you that I hadn't read them yet...
Posted by: DesertFox

Re: More lists, and other stuff... - 03/05/07 09:33 PM

Hmmm. A mouse trap for survival. That is something I never considered. Living in NYC, I am going to have to give this some thought.

After a major disaster are rats a food source, or competition for limited resources?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,255744,00.html

Think I'll go order more MRE's now.

Posted by: ironraven

Re: More lists, and other stuff... - 03/05/07 10:41 PM

Don't knock it, when I was little my grandfather got rid of the squirrels in his attic with rat traps and peanut butter.

My grandmother kinda frowned on him going in the attic with a .410. smile

Re: More lists, and other stuff... - 03/05/07 10:48 PM

"... are rats a food source..."

They could be a source of income; watch or read King Rat. Of course you're gonna need a bigger trap...
Posted by: Paul810

Re: More lists, and other stuff... - 03/05/07 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: ironraven
Don't knock it, when I was little my grandfather got rid of the squirrels in his attic with rat traps and peanut butter.

Funny, my grandmother did the same thing. She swore by peanut butter to catch mice, rats, squirrels, and other rodents. It worked pretty good as I remember. I wonder if they have a preference for chunky or smooth?grin
Posted by: MichaelJ07

Re: More lists, and other stuff... - 03/06/07 12:47 AM

Yep, a page like that can send me over the edge.....
Posted by: AROTC

Re: More lists, and other stuff... - 03/06/07 02:31 AM

Actually rat traps may not be a bad idea. Carry that and an MRE tube of peanut butter and you might stay fat and happy for a while. Granted you're usually advised to set up half a dozen or more traps to actually catch something, starts adding up in weight. I may have to try this on squirrels next time I go home (they might frown on it in the dorms).
Posted by: alvacado

Re: More lists, and other stuff... - 03/06/07 03:01 AM

ponder:
Will you PLEASE remember to take your medicine.
Posted by: ironraven

Re: More lists, and other stuff... - 03/06/07 03:33 AM

Heck, when I was in college, we had squirrels in the dorm. Some of us rigged up snares, but someone whined and we had to switch to live traps. At an engineering college, that gets... interesting. Like the one that had a pressure switch INSIDE, that closed the switch that powered a series of contacts around the entrance- go in you're ok, try to go out, squirrel get's negative feed back. That wasn't mine.

We also had a porch that had a skunk living under it, and bats in the attic.
Posted by: AROTC

Re: More lists, and other stuff... - 03/06/07 03:46 AM

Yeah, we've had a few climb in, but it doesn't seem to be a particularly troublesome problem. Although it was a little exciting when I walked into my room on the tenth floor and saw a squirrel on my desk.
Posted by: Susan

Re: More lists, and other stuff... - 03/06/07 04:38 AM

If it's really made of vegetables, why do they call it 'Ratatouille'?

Suspicious Sue