Excellent Free Ebook

Posted by: garland

Excellent Free Ebook - 03/01/07 05:08 PM

http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p904.htm

This is, for those not familiar, the Nuclear War Survival Skills book. Now, while it may seem extreme to read something like this I will actually say from a pure survival standpoint (nuclear based info aside) this is possibly one of THE BEST survival books I've ever read. The author, Creason Kearny went through alot of scientific process to ensure everything listed WORKS and works well. Having read it, I've had my eyes opened on ALOT of fronts. You can learn how to make blast shelters, fallout bunkers, deal with human waste in a small shelter, what diet to prepare, how to make a small oil lamp out of a ball mason jar and veggie oil... it goes ON and ON. He tends to repeat the same info ofttimes but still an EXCELLENT read through and through.

There are other items as well on OISM, all of which to my knowledge are free. Check em out!

Posted by: wildman800

Re: Excellent Free Ebook - 03/01/07 06:23 PM

One of the best/important chapters of NWSS is Chapter 4 - Evacuation. It is one to know, love, and live by. I do recommend that people print out those chapters that apply to their location and situations.
Posted by: DesertFox

Re: Excellent Free Ebook - 03/01/07 07:29 PM

Really good book for us city dwellers. Lots of information that applies to any disaster. Earthquake, blizzard, Blast's tider experiments . . . . whatever.
Posted by: Blast

Re: Excellent Free Ebook - 03/01/07 07:46 PM

grin grin grin

-Blast
Posted by: Westwindmike

Re: Excellent Free Ebook - 03/01/07 10:05 PM

Is it possible to download the entire book at one time? Or just chapter by chapter?
Thanks,
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Excellent Free Ebook - 03/01/07 10:13 PM

I don't have a clue. Each chapter opens separately and I just printed up all of those that applied to my general location (most of the chapters), hole punched them, and placed them into a 3" binder. That way, EMP wouldn't prevent me from accessing the info as I needed it.
Posted by: benjammin

Re: Excellent Free Ebook - 03/01/07 11:27 PM

Heh, heh, I always knew Central/SE Oregon was where I wanted to go. I love the Steens Mountains. Lots of wild horses still out there too.