Tools

Posted by: Anonymous

Tools - 04/09/02 02:40 PM

Recently I was driving through Rural Manitoba and I saw a rusting 1968 Suburban in a farmers field. I stopped to check it out. An old guy was fixing a fence near the Burb so I went over to talk to him. On the ground were several old tools and one of them caught my eye. <br><br>The tool was about 18 inches long and had a hatchet head on the east axis, a combination prybar and nail puller on the northern axis and a hammer head on the western axis. It weighed about 4 lbs, was all hardened steel and had wood handles attached directly to the tang of the tool.<br><br>I asked him what it was and he said " A fence mender". Being a salt water kind of guy I had never seen one before. I checked several online survival and preparedness stores and nada.<br><br>Any info or sources for this wonderfull little tool would be appreciated.<br><br>Thanks! <br>Mariner
Posted by: peanut

Re: Tools - 04/09/02 03:07 PM

Check any farm catalog under the fencing section, they'll have what you're looking for. Try Nasco "farm and ranch" or Northerntool.com<br><br>Peanut
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: Tools - 04/09/02 03:44 PM

www.MajorSurplusNSurvival.com look in the specials section at the beginning. They have a sale, 2@ $6 U.S. + S/H
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Tools - 04/12/02 12:43 AM

Thanks for the info. Its majorsurplus&survival.com by the way. The tools they are selling look similar to what I saw but they do not look as heavy and plastic handles??<br><br>I think I will try to find a machine shop.