Thanks from a novice

Posted by: GettingThere

Thanks from a novice - 04/07/02 06:43 PM

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all those who contribute to this forum. As a complete novice, I admire the depth of knowledge you all possess and your generosity in sharing it. I especially want to thank Doug and Chris for putting up with us newbies.<br><br>Although many of us newbies became interested in emergency prep after 9/11, especially those of us who live in DC (like me) or NY, that wasn't what did it for me. It took a category 5 tornado missing my house by less than a mile to wake me up (that tornado killed two young students at the University of Maryland when it sent the car they were sitting in sailing over a dormitory). Since then, I have been gathering information and gear, practicing when I can, and hoping that I never have to use it.<br><br>I've read on this forum wonderful information on wilderness survival (lots of that!), urban survival (very handy), and bugging out -- and as they say in the big city, it's all good. Perhaps after I've gathered and practiced enough, I can generate some info and compile a suburban survival primer. But I will be able to only because good people like you have helped in my education.<br><br>I simply can't thank you enough. Bless you all.
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: Thanks from a novice - 04/07/02 07:22 PM

Thank you GettingThere! We will have succeeded when you can come back at us with new information or a better way of doing something.