Video Help for SHOT Show Report?

Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Video Help for SHOT Show Report? - 02/10/07 07:46 PM

OK, I admit it, I am a Luddite. I have no video editing software. I have a very short piece of .AVI video that I need for the upcoming SHOT Show Report, but it's 5MB in unedited form. I need someone who has the technology to cut it down to a reasonable size. If interested in helping, please email me. I'll delete this once I get a response and solution.

TIA!
Posted by: Craig_phx

Re: Video Help for SHOT Show Report? - 02/10/07 09:38 PM

Doug,

You might try Super it allows you do define the quality of the output. Then you just drag and drop your file and hit go. It is free!

Super

Re: Video Help for SHOT Show Report? - 02/10/07 10:30 PM

Thanks, Downloaded it and I haven't a clue even where to start. Without a working knowledge about all this stuff the program isn't of much use and I haven't the time to figure it all out. <shrug>
Posted by: ZenEngineer

Re: Video Help for SHOT Show Report? - 02/11/07 12:12 AM

I don't know what computer or OS you use, but if you have a PC running Windows XP it comes with Windows Movie Maker. With that you can easily open the .avi and save it as a lower resolution (smaller file) format. If you still need a solution by Tuesday, you can email it to me and I'll email back a couple of different versions.

Got it! Thanks! - 02/11/07 12:47 AM

Thanks. That worked quite well, at least for this purpose.
Posted by: MartinFocazio

Re: Video Help for SHOT Show Report? - 02/11/07 01:30 AM

Upload it to Google video, they convert it to flash video for you AND host it AND you get extra exposure online. It's great.

Re: Video Help for SHOT Show Report? - 02/11/07 02:09 AM

I'll check it out.
Posted by: ZenEngineer

You're welcome - 02/11/07 06:07 AM

Does that mean your SHOT report will be out soon?
Posted by: Widersacher

Re: Video Help for SHOT Show Report? - 02/15/07 08:42 PM

Hi Doug,
you can send it via e-mail to me and I could shrink and convert it to your specifications.
If you are interested just answer and I'll e-mail you.