survival kit on Fox

Posted by: hillbilly

survival kit on Fox - 12/13/06 11:57 AM

Just finished watching Fox News. Had a segment saying that everyone should have survival kit in vehicle. Basically advertisement for Life-gear survival backpack. At least people will be more informed.
Posted by: Misanthrope

Re: survival kit on Fox - 12/15/06 03:23 PM

So reporting "negative news" does not constitute news coverage? That must be some new journalistic standard I was unaware of......
Posted by: harrkev

Re: survival kit on Fox - 12/15/06 03:27 PM

He was stating that they were mostly covering negative news about one particular subject, to the exclusion of other potential news, which, in turn, implies a political bias and a conscious desire to use their selection of stories as a type of propoganda.

Re: survival kit on Fox - 12/15/06 07:59 PM

So, one can infer, that covering positive news about one particular subject, to the exclusion of "negative stories" about the same subject, does not imply a political bias, or "propaganda?" Enquiring minds want to know.

What did we think before we started letting the TV news think for us?
Posted by: Frozen

Re: survival kit on Fox - 12/15/06 08:15 PM

Let's end this before it gets ugly, please.

You don't want me to send Chris in here, do you?

Re: survival kit on Fox - 12/15/06 08:23 PM

I'm not trying to start a brawl. Someone lobbed a softball out there, and I swung at it. My position on media bias is similiar to NightHiker's above post. However, I am just not as politic.

M
Posted by: Stretch

Re: survival kit on Fox - 12/15/06 11:31 PM

Quote:
What did we think before we started letting the TV news think for us?

Well, I suppose many would
Quote:
"infer, that covering positive news about one particular subject, to the exclusion of "negative stories" about the same subject, does not imply a political bias, or "propaganda?"

I read and re-read the posts, and I still cannot understand how you reached your inference. Sorry.....I tried.
Posted by: Stretch

Re: survival kit on Fox - 12/15/06 11:46 PM

Izzy,
I applaud Fox news too, so much so that they are the ONLY news channel I'll watch. However, the difference between them and the nearly-anti-U.S. news channels is almost negligible.
(I am still trying to figure out the mindset behind Misanthrope's inference.... this might bug me for awhile)

At least we learned, though, that it appears one of the hiker's cell phones might have been used as late as Tuesday or so. That might be another ray of hope.

Re: survival kit on Fox - 12/17/06 02:56 AM

"Just further proves that they're the only channel that still reports actual news instead of negative news about the war."
"What I meant is the other news channels (Broadcast & Cable) sadly have such a slant in their views of the United States that they will show negative stories 24/7 to prove their points."

And you accuse me of bias? You're joking, right?

M